Put out a small pile today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aandabooks

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's about wood and nothing to do with what you're thinking.:)

My boy and I went out to our land to cut some wood for the first time this morning. This is property I bought in late March and haven't done much with except hike around and hunt some mushrooms in the spring. The tillable is cash rented and currently in beans.

So today we went out and started cleaning up on one corner. Right by where I will park for hunting. It is the start of the property after a long dirt lane that I also own but have to leave open for access to another property owner whose fields are landlocked. You can't see my property from the county road. So instead of loading up what we cut, I told my boy we'll stack it up between two trees about 20 ft. inside the timber line and see what happens. You can see it from the lane. About 1/5 cord of good dead red elm. Nothing I can't afford to loose.

I did get to meet the neighbors to the east. They heard a chainsaw running and came walking around to investigate. Told them that it was nice to have a neighbor that is interested in what is happening around the area and keeping an eye out.

My plan is to leave wood on the property for later collection. We'll be cutting all winter but my wife is about at the limit of what she wants in the yard. I've got 3 years worth in the yard currently. If the wood gets stolen, I'll have to come up with a new plan.