Quadrafire 5700 modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So my quadrafire 5700 is a beast but it tends to make me angry at times. One of the most annoying things is that smoke will roll out of the right side of the stove when lighting a new fire or from restarting a fire with minimal hot coals in the stove. This happens because the smoke goes up through the secondary burn tubes and out the side of the stove where the secondary burn tube air intake is. So I sealed up the seams of the secondary manifold and put a cap over the air intake at the original intake hole at the rear of the manifold then I cut a new intake hole in the side of the manifold and I made an adjustable flap that slides over the hole to adjust the air intake to the seconday burn tubes from wide open or all the way shut and anywhere in between. I also added an adjustable flap to the main air adjustment to close the hole completely if I slide it against the main air door. Now when I light a fire I close the secondary air intake flap and I get no smoke anymore. I simply open the flap when the fire is going well and after the door is fully closed. I'm going to add stop screws to the secondary air flap to stop it in the full open and fully closed position then I'll cut a slot in the side shield so I can adjust it with the side shield reinstalled. I have a fire going now and I can shut it up and put the fire out and I can see the change in secondary fire when I adjust the air intake flap. , https://goo.gl/photos/NzMvCmBb7Ys2L6Lw5

bit off your topic,, but not much more has been said about your chainsaw dyno????
Yeah got kinda tired of running that thing and I haven't ported any saws in a while. I have a few projects in boxes at home I'd like to get to simetime but my list of things to do is so much longer than the time available to do them. Fun projects get pushed off.

Back