Quanity measurements...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducksnuff870

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm an amatuer seller of firewood. I've been selling a shortbed truck full for $50 if its close to home. How much does a stacked shortbed pickup hold stacked?How much does a long bed hold stacked? I know a chord is 4x4x8.

Depends on the bed and how high you stack the wood. A cord is 128 cu. ft. I have an F-250 long-bed that's about 32 sq. ft. If stacked 2' high that's 64 cu. ft. or 1/2 cord. Easiest way to figure it would be to measure the bed and do the math.

Depends on the bed and how high you stack the wood. A cord is 128 cu. ft. I have an F-250 long-bed that's about 32 sq. ft. If stacked 2' high that's 64 cu. ft. or 1/2 cord. Easiest way to figure it would be to measure the bed and do the math.

That's about what I figure for my chevy long bed.

been selling f/w for????years.short bed should be about 1/3cord. lots of variables though.dont be intimidated by what the "other"guys are charging. give em good product and you"ll have happy customers.safe sawing.FS ps 8 ft bed stacked about 3/4 cord.

Last edited:
My bed dimensions according to google are 6.6ft long,5.75ft wide and 1.83ft high.i'm come up with 69.44 cu ft. Now im not sure if thats with the tailgate down for length and i'm also not sure about width measurement being from inside to inside. I'll check here in a bit with a tape.

I know also gotta throw fender wells into consideration

That's what I mentioned about "depends on the bed". Obviously a step-side with deep wheel wells will have less room than one without. My F-250 has very shallow wells and you can put a full 4x8 sheet flat on the floor. If you stack higher than the bed sides you can carry more, add side boards and carry even more. I used to own an old F3 1-ton that the former owner used for hauling firewood. He stacked it to the top of the cab.

If you throw the splits in loose and pile em up good it's about a 1/3 cord. $50 is average rate around here.
I don't stack in the truck if I'm going to sell just a 1/3 cord. Time is money.
If you want a good test then throw em in loose and then unload them and stack and measure the stack and then do it stacking in the truck. A lot depends on the splits too (i.e. size)

I measured and came up with 58cuft for my shortbed and thats minus the the fender wells.

That's almost 1/2 cord (about .45 actually). Depending on the wood you can be looking at a weight of almost a ton. Something to keep in mind.

I once put 6 full cord in my short bed Dodge. The guy that bought it was so impressed he helped me unbury the truck!

Now THAT is a real "pic or it didn't happen" event. I can get 4 on my F350, but it's waaaay over-gross. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That's almost 1/2 cord (about .45 actually). Depending on the wood you can be looking at a weight of almost a ton. Something to keep in mind.

Yep the .45 is the number i came up with also. I guess the only good way to tell is load the truck, lay out have a chord with fence post and what not, unload the truck into what ya layout.

Now THAT is a real "pic or it didn't happen" event. I can get 4 on my F350, but it's waaaay over-gross. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm with you. I get his joke tho. Hahaha funny ####. I once saw a one legged man win an ass kicking contest.

Latest posts

Back