Quartering log using raill off my chainsawmill part 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radiata Pine

Hey - Nice pics - what wood is that?

Hi Bob The log is Radiata pine,not native to Australia.There are large plantations of Radiata pines and Blue gums,a native to Tasmania,around here.A lot of other stuff grows around here also Redgum,stringybark,Blackwood,Mali,Cypress ect.

Hi Bob The log is Radiata pine,not native to Australia.There are large plantations of Radiata pines and Blue gums,a native to Tasmania,around here.A lot of other stuff grows around here also Redgum,stringybark,Blackwood,Mali,Cypress ect.

Hi MM, Thanks for the reply. I made the mistake of thinking you were a spectic and then I saw you are in SA and after seeing the other pics I guessed the log was radiata but never went back to say so. If you check my location you'll see I am just down the road from you - well a pretty long road anyway!

Anyway, nice mill and wood mate. I'm pretty much a newby in this game and only have a tiny inner city block and toilet sized shed to play with.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back