Question about a 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no they are not any harder to start. any saw thats tuned correctly should start up easily enough

Thanks guys, for your help. I have to depend on all of you for knowledge about a lot of things that I do not know. I enjoy this site very much, and there a great bunch of folks on here.

husky 350 in 2005. Then a 357 in 2006. Clearing pasture of hedge and cedar so I bought a second 357 in 2010. I am now a new owner of the 372xp.
images
I have used it for a lightning struck 40" oak. I put a 32' bar on the 372, chisel chain Non skip .58 and I cut slabs and rounds no trouble. I work it slow and steady. I doubt I will ever need a bigger saw here in Kansas. I run it with a 24" bar for the bucking. I think I will drop down to a 20" only to keep the tip from hitting the ground when bucking the 20-7" stuff. I am not tall enough for the 24” to be comfortable. The saw has great power but I am still trying to fine tune it. Runs rich and stalls when I rotate it on its side. I have the low turned in as far as the limiter allows and the high as low as I dare. I rip the big rounds so I can lift them.

Now this is a tricky question. ;)

The answer is YES if you use the deco. Particularly on a new saw that isn't broken in. The deco seems to drop the compression a little too much and actually make the saw harder to start. Plus for whatever reason it makes the initial "pop" harder to hear since it's not as distinct a sound as usual. I've had several guys who complained about the saw not starting. bring it in and it's flooded big time. (part of this problem is guys being stubborn and pulling the rope 20 times with the choke out.) But in EVERY case, not using the deco completely solved the problem and they now love the saw.

Also should mention the lo setting is usually too lean out of the box and needs a 1/4 turn at least when setting up the saw. (for those of us dealers who actually set them up). This also affects starting

Now this is a tricky question. ;)

The answer is YES if you use the deco. Particularly on a new saw that isn't broken in. The deco seems to drop the compression a little too much and actually make the saw harder to start. Plus for whatever reason it makes the initial "pop" harder to hear since it's not as distinct a sound as usual. I've had several guys who complained about the saw not starting. bring it in and it's flooded big time. (part of this problem is guys being stubborn and pulling the rope 20 times with the choke out.) But in EVERY case, not using the deco completely solved the problem and they now love the saw.

Also should mention the lo setting is usually too lean out of the box and needs a 1/4 turn at least when setting up the saw. (for those of us dealers who actually set them up). This also affects starting
I got a 372xt its only cut about 20 cords and starts very easy. My friend cant ever start it because he holds the throttle at half position and pulls the rope.

My 365 XT (same saw as 372 XT but with an air restriction to detune it) has been consistently reliable and easy to start throughout its life. The 365 Special i had for may years before was as easy to start from memory. Wish it had not gone to chainsaw heaven, even thought the XT does have more torque in the cut, i really liked the special.

Latest posts

Back