Question about my Husky 51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedesnake048

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saw runs pretty good, but often when you tip it on it's side it bogs / stalls.

I checked the air filter and it looks ok. Should I get a new filter / plug for starters? Could it be air/fuel tune that needs adjusted.

And before anyone asks, yes it has fuel lol.

Thanks

don't know much about huskies but with stihl saws there's a tube with filter inside the gas tank. make sure to push the filter to the bottom right of the tank so when cutting sideways, the filter wouldn't be sticking above the gas.

I had an older husky do this to me, I had already done the basic stuff so I decided to pull the carb apart and clean it/rebuild it turned out the diaphram was messed up and when you tipped it up verticle it would kill

ok, i talked to a couple other people and they said try to clean the carb / check that out, so thanks! i'll try it and report back

i got it back together last night after cleaning everything and making sure all the lines were blown out.

seemed to fix the problem.

I had one more question though, how do you adjust the air / fuel screw correctly?

There is one large one (I'm guessing idle speed) and two smaller ones, marked H and L. Is this low end and top end? Is it really air fuel or something else. Thanks

The large screw is for the idle, just as you mentioned. The L screw adjust the air/fuel mixture for the idle and the H screws does the same for wide open throttle. There is a thread on here somewhere, I believe it was started by member Bsnelling, that has video of him tuning a chainsaw.

The large screw is for the idle, just as you mentioned. The L screw adjust the air/fuel mixture for the idle and the H screws does the same for wide open throttle. There is a thread on here somewhere, I believe it was started by member Bsnelling, that has video of him tuning a chainsaw.

thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back