Question about Stihl serial numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No there is no problem. I was just wondering why you ask again, because the question was already answered. About the Magnum thing: On this model it is just a marketing thing from STIHL. There is no difference in cc`s like it was on the older 038 for example with it`s variants super and magnum.

The information on that is a little bit different. What I found is

from machine number X 29 583 701 (12mm version) (found in both US and German IPL)
from machine number X 29 382 283 (12mm version) (US Tech Info)

That means, you should have the 12mm version.
I know this is an old thread and this reply is 4+ years old.

I am interested in info on my 044. I was told by the guy who sold it to me, that it is serial number 124605918 However maybe this doesn't mean anything, but the slant fin cylinder head shows 115/12++

Thank you to anyone who posts info. Much appreciated.

1702626178043.jpeg

Thank you DND 9000,

I see that you are from Germany. I always loved my 0 series saws considering that when I bought my first saw in 1994, the hardware store, tool rental, and Stihl Dealer that I got it from, recommended an 026 to me.

In 2018, I would purchase another 026 used, and then this 044 which came all the way from Europe to me. The 044 is my favorite saw.

Latest posts

Back