Question for big firewood vendors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrsam

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a need for some firewood for next summer. I'm a manager at a place where we sell firewood to people for campfires. As we do it now, we sell loose wood, the idea is to get people to measure it themselves (via various means; fill an onion sack, fill a box of certain dimensions, etc). Supposedly we are selling one cubic foot of wood for 7 dollars. Well, I measured one of these measuring boxes the other day and it was 18" square (equals about 3.3 cubic feet, with nothing stacked on top).

The upshot of it all is, we sell probably about 200 cords per year, total. I would dearly love to go to a system of selling pre-measured units of wood like they sell at supermarkets. Thing is, I'm not certain one year to the next what sort of wood I'll need. Doing cleanup, we generate anywhere from 100 to 200 cords anually.

Qurestion is, if you had an order come in for about 100 cords worth of bundled wood (however many bundles that would work out to, I'm calculating right now based on what we are buying 16" length, and 12" x 12" bundle, which would add up to 96 bundles per cord), how long would it take for you to be able to fill that order, 9600 bundles of wood? If I ordered in April could you get it to me by late July? Not real specific on species, something that's easy to light would be good.

Northern California (Humboldt County), and I would need to know in advance roughly where the wood was coming from (some areas have Sudden Oak death and we want no wood from those areas reqardless of species).

Latest posts

Back