Question for Ripsaw users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
379hammerdown said:
LOL Small world! Down 1004 right?

Right you are, stop by next time your out this way. I'll be doing a little millin' this weekend if the weather permits. I'll be the only idiot standing out in the edge of a hayfield choking to death on chainsaw fumes in 100 degree heat. :hmm3grin2orange:

flht01 said:
GTG would be fun. Sure hope that big yeller contraption in the background is the logmaster. There's not enough people on this site to csm all those logs :laugh:

Yep- that's the log master, but none of these logs will fit on it! I'll slab each log through the widest section then cut 8, 5 and 4 quarter stock from the outside cants. I'll have my 084 back in about a week.

Then it's (see below)!

Well cool deal, I'd love to see how yours runs, never seen a ripsaw before! If you see some lunatic puttin along the sholder along 1004 in a black chevy single cab pickup looking around, wave your arms at me!

aggiewoodbutchr I wouldnt know what to do with ONE log that big... let alone all those!!! What kind of Log Master is it that you have there in the background? THAT would be something to see run too! For years I've fantasized about a big bandmill, but the pocket book keeps it at a fantasy lol! My eye keeps pointed at the LM2 & LM3 & the Timberking B-20

379hammerdown said:
Well cool deal, I'd love to see how yours runs, never seen a ripsaw before! If you see some lunatic puttin along the sholder along 1004 in a black chevy single cab pickup looking around, wave your arms at me!

aggiewoodbutchr I wouldnt know what to do with ONE log that big... let alone all those!!! What kind of Log Master is it that you have there in the background? THAT would be something to see run too! For years I've fantasized about a big bandmill, but the pocket book keeps it at a fantasy lol! My eye keeps pointed at the LM2 & LM3 & the Timberking B-20
The Log Mater is an LM3 that actually belongs to a friend of ours. It's one hell of a machine and were lucky to have access to it. I don't know what they cost now but I believe it's over 30K.

aggiewoodbutchr It sure DOES looks like one hell of a machine! I asked about the price of one of the LM2 yesterday & they said $23,500 & also quoted the price of the LM3 which is $29,820. I think that the only difference between the 2 & 3 is that the 2 has a 26hp water cooled Kohler gas & the 3 has a 34hp kitty cat diesel. I'll keep dreaming... Maybe pickup a lottery ticket today!

I'm now recovering after being outside for the last hour & a half in the sun doing the mods that I said I was going to do to my sawmill. In a little bit, I'll go outside & take some pictures. The cam design that you posted a drawing of in another thread for me is what I'm puttin on there. I still appreciate that BTW!!

379hammerdown said:
aggiewoodbutchr It sure DOES looks like one hell of a machine! I asked about the price of one of the LM2 yesterday & they said $23,500 & also quoted the price of the LM3 which is $29,820. I think that the only difference between the 2 & 3 is that the 2 has a 26hp water cooled Kohler gas & the 3 has a 34hp kitty cat diesel. I'll keep dreaming... Maybe pickup a lottery ticket today!

I'm now recovering after being outside for the last hour & a half in the sun doing the mods that I said I was going to do to my sawmill. In a little bit, I'll go outside & take some pictures. The cam design that you posted a drawing of in another thread for me is what I'm puttin on there. I still appreciate that BTW!!

Cool- glad to help.

Ahhh the toys a winning lottery ticket could bring...

Logmaster

379hammerdown said:
aggiewoodbutchr It sure DOES looks like one hell of a machine! ...

I've been swappin' emails with a new owner of a Logmaster LM-1 with the trailer kit. Herman's idea of a trailer kit is building a box beam frame to weld the bandmill's angle frame to, making it one solid permanent frame. I'm planning on making a ride to Nacogdoches next week and talk to Herman about the LM-1 and LM-15. If they are everything I'm thinking they are, I'll put an order in for one. :rock: The biggest decision is whether to keep the Ripsaw setup (will probably list it and the csm on the Trading Post)

flht01 said:
I've been swappin' emails with a new owner of a Logmaster LM-1 with the trailer kit. Herman's idea of a trailer kit is building a box beam frame to weld the bandmill's angle frame to, making it one solid permanent frame. I'm planning on making a ride to Nacogdoches next week and talk to Herman about the LM-1 and LM-15. If they are everything I'm thinking they are, I'll put an order in for one. :rock: The biggest decision is whether to keep the Ripsaw setup (will probably list it and the csm on the Trading Post)

What size is you CSM? You might want to keep for a log that's too big for your (future) bandmill.

aggiewoodbutchr said:
What size is you CSM? You might want to keep for a log that's too big for your (future) bandmill.

I'm planning on listing the Ripsaw fairly soon, went ahead and placed an order for the mill (12 week fab time). I'm thinking about listing the csm set-up I have now and looking for one a little bigger, probably after I get the bandmill in and have a chance to use it a little. I've got a 36" granberg with a stihl 066and can see where I might need to consider a little bigger combination, especially for some of the pin oaks we have. (Very similiar to the ones in your pictures.) On the other hand, a set of longer rails from granberg and a longer bar/skip chain might do just fine with the 066.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back