Questions about sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throw that chain away and get a new one. if it was razor sharp it still wouldn't cut well due to all the low-kickback nonsense.
Go back and re-read my post (#15) Duke.

It's a very light duty saw, with an oversized bar, and will not hold up with an aggressive chain. Cuts fine with that chain sharpened on the right end.

Philbert

Go back and re-read my post (#15) Duke.

It's a very light duty saw, with an oversized bar, and will not hold up with an aggressive chain. Cuts fine with that chain sharpened on the right end.

Philbert

thanks philbert, but i'll stand by my recommendation. i know, i've read that some orchardmen like this type of chain because it cuts more slowly and is easier to control from a three legged orchard ladder but in my opinion they really shine as concrete reinforcement around fence posts and i only climb ladders when feeling suicidal. i really enjoyed some of your recent posts regarding chain grinders. i just bought a new oregon 520-120, the one that has the chain vice position adjustment, like the old stihl grinders (probably made by tecomec too). my old 511A got reassigned to lo pro duty while the new one takes care of 3/8 and .404. the third work station is a tsc tecomec clone with depth gauge duties. i'll post fotos when i get time.

Latest posts

Back