Questions for the rebuilders/flippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend going to any dealer/shop of any brands other than what you're looking for, since they're likely to not work on and sell the brand you're after, but they'll likely take them in on trade.

when does flipping saws become hording .......i have 7 saws and dont want to sell any of them ......lol
Yeah, that's my problem. I buy them right, fix them cheap, and usually end up keeping them :D
OR selling the one's I don't want to keep to buy saws I want. On occasion sold saws will turn into new pistols\rifles.
It's a vicious cycle....

I buy,fix and resell about 20 saws a year, all mid-large Stihls as the margin is better due to the power of branding. I snipe auctions on the bay, not because I feel it gives me an advantage ove other bidders but it prevents me from getting caught up in the bidding and overspend for a saw I really want. I only get about 2 saws on every 10 I bid on. No worry, there will always be saws for sale. If it takes more than 30% of the purchase price to get the saw running, I quit bidding. Keep in mind you are competing against the parts guys....they know nice shiny parts sell for more and reduce the labor needed to sell the parts. I have bought repainted saws several times and regretted all of them. New paint signifies you are trying to hide the true condition of a saw. I list saws with plenty of pics taken with a quality camera, including a pic of the saw with a compression gauge hooked up. I also include a disc with the owners manual,IPL, and service manual. eBay thinks the number of "watchers" gets sellers excited. I could care less. I look at bidding history to see how many real "players" there are. You will normally find there may be 100 watchers looking at a saw but only 2 people are bidding.

I am kind of funny....I buy Stihls to fix and sell. If I need to work with a saw....I pick up one of my Echos. I believe they make as good of a saw as any brand out there, but you will go broke trying to buy,fix and resell them.

Latest posts

Back