Quick estimate help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a matter of getting a grip. It's simply a matter of showing that rep points are sometimes "faked" on here. For what reason, I don't know. Maybe you can tell me why they're important, your dismissive attitude about them notwithstanding.

Each star represents about thirty positive reps. You're soon to have about thirty stars, meaning you've had 900 reps. With about 600 posts, that would mean that each and every one of your posts got at least one, and sometimes two, people repping you. I strongly doubt that's the case.

I actually don't give a :censored: about the fact that the points obviously mean a great deal to some on here, to the point of being faked by using the above-mentioned phantom posters. I actually was drawn into looking into this when I noticed how some, like you, had so many reps with comparatively few posts.

Go right ahead and do whatever. If reps are important, you get them any way you want. That's all I'm going to say about this.

Oh it's obvious what they are doing. I picked up on that a while back. I mean really, look at that one guy with 574 post. Go back and look at his post and tell me where all that rep was due.

Oh it's obvious what they are doing. I picked up on that a while back. I mean really, look at that one guy with 574 post. Go back and look at his post and tell me where all that rep was due.

Yep. It used to be that you could read the rep comments and see who repped who. That is how I found that there was always the same member repping each and every post from the person racking up the reps. That member was seen to have joined at the same time as the guy getting all the reps. It was laughable that someone would go to all of the trouble to get all of those little stars and bars. It's also pretty funny how those running this scam act very nonchalant about their reps when it's obvious that they were so intent on getting them to the point of running the scam.

As for me checking it all out, I'm sure those running the scam will say how it's funny that I went to all of the trouble to expose it. Nice try, guys. I simply followed up on something that seemed very fishy to me. Sorry to have exposed your scam, but that's how it goes.

As posted, judge the various posters in here by the content of their posts and not all of the little "decorations" under their names. Any poster with a few posts and tons of reps can be seen to be very insecure with who he/she is to the point of taking devious steps to boost his/her deflated ego, and so you might want to take their posts with the proverbial grain of salt.

No charge for the psychoanalysis, here.

Rep points? You guys are diminished to question and comment on rep points? What if a guy came down the road with 30 saws in his truck and a two man crew? Who cares? Maybe if you guys had a little fun on the site on occation as oppose to dropping you "pearls of wisdom" for everyone to read, you might have a few more rep points. And if I could, I'd give you mine because I don't quite care about them. It just depends on where you post. I have no control who reps me or doesn't. And then someone goes to tell the moderator that the rep point system is unfair or un-real?

Get a grip.

capetrees, I just had an idea: Why don't you provide us with your login pw so we can all see the great reps you received for your (presumably) amazingly insightful, information-laden posts? In the old days, you used to be able to see the rep comments of other members. Now, as best I can tell, only the member can see his own rep comments. I'd really like to see all 900 of yours. If they are authentic, you'll have my humble apologies. If they are scammed, I think you should write the mod here and get them removed. Yeah, it's no big deal, sure, I know.

Yep. It used to be that you could read the rep comments and see who repped who. That is how I found that there was always the same member repping each and every post from the person racking up the reps. That member was seen to have joined at the same time as the guy getting all the reps. It was laughable that someone would go to all of the trouble to get all of those little stars and bars. It's also pretty funny how those running this scam act very nonchalant about their reps when it's obvious that they were so intent on getting them to the point of running the scam.

As for me checking it all out, I'm sure those running the scam will say how it's funny that I went to all of the trouble to expose it. Nice try, guys. I simply followed up on something that seemed very fishy to me. Sorry to have exposed your scam, but that's how it goes.

As posted, judge the various posters in here by the content of their posts and not all of the little "decorations" under their names. Any poster with a few posts and tons of reps can be seen to be very insecure with who he/she is to the point of taking devious steps to boost his/her deflated ego, and so you might want to take their posts with the proverbial grain of salt.

No charge for the psychoanalysis, here.

Did you not read my post??? Your efforts were futile. I already told you and the rest of the rep nazis how most on here got their high rep count... very little had to do with "phantom members", as most had to do with one particular thread that no longer exists.

And as far as moderators giving a hoot about someone complaining about rep count goes, well most of a certain moderators rep came from the same thread, that explains alot now doesn't it? :dizzy:

REPS MEAN NOTHING on this and most every forum on the net.

You place way too much importance on your investigative skills.

Last edited:
Did you not read my post??? Your efforts were futile. I already told you and the rest of the rep nazis how most on here got their high rep count... very little had to do with "phantom members", as most had to do with one particular thread that no longer exists.

And as far as moderators giving a hoot about someone complaining about rep count goes, well most of a certain moderators rep came from the same thread, that explains alot now doesn't it? :dizzy:

REPS MEAN NOTHING on this and most every forum on the net.

You place way too much importance on your investigative skills.

No, my skills are fine. I found out what I wanted to. Reps mean nothing, on most boards, because of those who jazz the system. Just like hackers and those who send out viral programs, their will always be the :censored:holes out there who delight in messing up what would otherwise be a fair system. Personalities run the whole range, and it is simply too bad that this range, by definition, contains as many :censored:holes as very good folks.

And as far as moderators giving a hoot about someone complaining about rep count goes, well most of a certain moderators rep came from the same thread, that explains alot now doesn't it?

Well there is a certain moderator who Freud could have a field day with as far as that goes.

No, my skills are fine. I found out what I wanted to. Reps mean nothing, on most boards, because of those who jazz the system. Just like hackers and those who send out viral programs, their will always be the :censored:holes out there who delight in messing up what would otherwise be a fair system. Personalities run the whole range, and it is simply too bad that this range, by definition, contains as many :censored:holes as very good folks.

There is a certain member here ( he knows who he is) who sent me a PM once I didn't particularly like. So in my reply I told him I was on to the fact he was repping himself and that was where all that rep came from. Well, his first defense was that it all came from that beg for rep thread. When I pointed out to him that I knew better and proved to him how I did he sent a PM asking me not to mention his name in an open post about the subject and I have not.

When I pointed out to him that I knew better and proved to him how I did he sent a PM asking me not to mention his name in an open post about the subject and I have not.

sometimes one needs to come clean and just share what they know. it must be killing you with holding all this information from your friends here. its just the truth right? lol.

Last edited:
As far as the whole rep thing goes: those of us that have real rep know it.

So I just go about and give when I see fit, and when i get some thats cool too.

Some of the best posters on here have very litttle rep. I try to rep them, but it usually says I gotta spread it around.

As far as the whole rep thing goes: those of us that have real rep know it.

So I just go about and give when I see fit, and when i get some thats cool too.

Some of the best posters on here have very litttle rep. I try to rep them, but it usually says I gotta spread it around.

Same thing with me, MDS. Some days I'll shoot 2 or 3 bullets to different people and sometimes I'll go a few weeks without repping someone. I usually end up trying to rep the same people too much because their posts are better IMO. Here's some for you if it let's me.

sometimes one needs to come clean and just share what they know. it must be killing you with holding all this information from your friends here. its just the truth right? lol.

Right. However, I told him I would not mention his name and I won't. If you look around here a little though you can narrow it down pretty easy.

FWIW, back to the original post:

It sounds like on the acre of pines (did i read it right and remember correctly...?) you would have been able to get atleast one load of pulpwood, if not two given the density you described. My experience has been that the general dimensions for pulpwood are butt end of 8-26" and top end of 2.5" or larger. That may have been how the other dude came in so low.

$1,800 to cover his equipment cost, and his profit (600-900 bucks roughly per load) on pulpwood. Maybe. Or maybe he's just a hell of alot cheaper than Capetrees. I dunno.

If it were me, I would have looked into the value of the timber and factored that into the equation. Small pines arent gonna be good for much more than pulpwood anyway, but if your already getting paid to clear the lot, might as well load 'em up and take 'em to the mill.

I have cleared lots in NY where I had $13,000 worth of grade 1 and veneer cherry rolling off the lot, in addition to the HO's check for the work.

Sorry you lost the job, Cape.

PS- I rep'd Ol Dirty after watching that vid of him in Central Park with that fat pinch of cope jammed in his face... was that an unnacceptable abuse of the rep system?

If the moderators would like to take all my rep points away and disallow me from ever receiving any, I'm fine with that. I have never considered anyones rep points in here while reading their comments. They just don't matter to me, plain and simple. I didn't give myself the points, others did in the beg for rep site. Not my fault.:rolleyes:

Evidently the rep points mean way too much to way too many on forums...

as I stated before, one needs to know a bit about any forums they belong to, they need to take the time to read posts made by people and make an INFORMED decision as to the merits of anyone's post, response or purported knowledge of any topic whatsoever.

sort of like someone having an arborists certification, just because he has one, desn't mean he is good at anything... just because he supposedly has training in anything.... doesn't mean he is good at it, OR knows what he is talking about.

Even a college degree, certainly doesn't mean he's smarter than anyone else, I know plenty of people who are so called college educated and in the real world they are dumber than a stump when it comes to common sense.

rep points are useless. :) :popcorn:

Back