Quick Question - tilted mill.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Somewhere on this forum or somehwere else I remember seeing a picture of a CSM with the CS tilted 45 degrees on its side with the nose of the bar riding in a track. Can anyone please point me to the picture or website?

Thanks

Somewhere on this forum or somehwere else I remember seeing a picture of a CSM with the CS tilted 45 degrees on its side with the nose of the bar riding in a track. Can anyone please point me to the picture or website?

Thanks

Would you be talking about the woodbug mill? Im thinking that the nose of the bar on it rides in a track? You can see it at woodbug.com.

Thanks

Bob , if the bar was horizontal then you would be talking about the Hud-son chainsaw mill .

It's like the woodbug with the nose riding in the track but the chain saw was tilted on its side about bu 45 degrees.

Maybe Scott is on the right track with the hudson. Have you looked at those? Good luck.

That seems like a lot of money for that mill. There are several mills out there that are cheaper with larger engines. Light weight has its' advatages, but strength is not one of them.

That seems like a lot of money for that mill. There are several mills out there that are cheaper with larger engines. Light weight has its' advatages, but strength is not one of them.

I second that one, there are other mills out there that will work much better than the J 200, more portable, stronger, easier to set up and use, one that's definately worth a look at can be seen here
www.alaskabandsawmills.com, it a trailer too and can handle logs twice the sixe of the J 200.

Interesting mill, kindof a mix between a Logosol and a Ripsaw. I too agree, a bit pricey, but hey maybe it fills a certain niche no other mill can? I wanna see somebody mill 2000 bd ft of lumber in a day with it though. I think that would be pushing it (no pun intended). Maybe if you were simply making 8x8 cants... and had all nice strait 12"dia 8 ft logs stacked neatly behind you... and it was all soft pine... and the mill was already set up and ready to go... and... and...

I think it will be ok , a bit like a Logosol , until you get down to the thin part of the cant and it starts to wave and bend around , that's why I use a ladder underneath my cant's , for support on my logosol type mill . cheer's MM

http://www.cutterschoice.com/portablesawmills_us.shtml

Looks like about $4000 plus shipping... and this thing doesn't look all that light, so figure at least a hundred bucks shipping, probably more depending on where you live.

Thanks Woodshop. I looked this thing over and agree with you. They say it is "The Ultimate In Saw Mill Portability". At 170 lbs for the "standard" model, I don't think that is quite right. And that isn't counting the saw. I know at $4000, I sure wouldn't buy it.

Rodney

J100 chainsaw model $1025us

Hi Guy's .....I think the model BobL was refering to is the J100 chainsaw mill and not the bandsaw version . Is this correct Bob? The J100 model is $1025us , Quite a bit cheaper than the Logosol m7 , But a bit heavier , the Logosol M7 weigh's 52kg's and the Jobber J100 weigh's 77kg's . The bandmill version is around $4000us . Cheer's MM

Last edited:
Back