Race fuel ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motorsen

Motorsen

ArboristSite Operative
Ethanol free???

Is "racefuel" ethanol free???? NO! By deffinition so called "racefuel" is not ethanol free. What about so called oxygenated fuels??? One of the easiest (cheapest) means of adding usefull oxygen molecules to the blend is by adding ethanol. So beware do not run "racefuel" in your engine and think you are safe. Then people will chime in and say "i've been running this and that fuel for decades and sometimes left the saw untouched for 3 years!" Yes but have used a non oxygenated fuel. Or the fuel have severe amounts of so called stabilizers blended to it.
Not that i'm and total expert in this field. But I have been tinkering with racing and race engines on the track and rolling roads for years. And I have some experiense with different fuels. So I just want to point out to you that "racefuel" is not by deffinition ethanolfree by any means. It might work out fine no question. But use your own critisism to choose your weapon. Do not run "racefuel" blindly.
Aviationfuel is ethanol free. Those guys are totally allergic to water. So yes a great storage fuel.
Personally I think alkylate (Aspen for instance) is the optimum fuel for a chainsaw engine.
But PLEASE coment, critizise and ask quesions. I might not (most probably not) know them all.
But I think this is an interesting question my self.

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Just some more info on the Recreational 91 Ethanol free Gas.

MSDS.
http://www.marathonpetroleum.com/content/documents/mpc/msds/0313MAR019.pdf

Check the yellow pages in your phone book, for the local Marathon bulk fuel distributor, and ask them where you can find a station or Marina that sells it.

Got lucky and found two Marinas and one gas station not too far from here.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Andyshine77
Is "racefuel" ethanol free???? NO! By deffinition so called "racefuel" is not ethanol free. What about so called oxygenated fuels??? One of the easiest (cheapest) means of adding usefull oxygen molecules to the blend is by adding ethanol. So beware do not run "racefuel" in your engine and think you are safe. Then people will chime in and say "i've been running this and that fuel for decades and sometimes left the saw untouched for 3 years!" Yes but have used a non oxygenated fuel. Or the fuel have severe amounts of so called stabilizers blended to it.
Not that i'm and total expert in this field. But I have been tinkering with racing and race engines on the track and rolling roads for years. And I have some experiense with different fuels. So I just want to point out to you that "racefuel" is not by deffinition ethanolfree by any means. It might work out fine no question. But use your own critisism to choose your weapon. Do not run "racefuel" blindly.
Aviationfuel is ethanol free. Those guys are totally allergic to water. So yes a great storage fuel.
Personally I think alkylate (Aspen for instance) is the optimum fuel for a chainsaw engine.
But PLEASE coment, critizise and ask quesions. I might not (most probably not) know them all.
But I think this is an interesting question my self.

Most race fuel suppliers provide ample information on their fuels. Here is an example. Overview - Unleaded Race Fuels I'm running 260 GTX. Aspen is not an option here in the U.S.

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
I run 110 Sunoco, cheap insurance if you start getting a collection.

I agree for a work saw, fresh mix is all you need, but having good e free gas in the old collectors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PRICELESS!