rails for a alaskan mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryknight

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a longer set of rails for a granberg alaskan mill. I bought a set of 30" rails thinking i'll never mill over that. stupid me. now i need at least a set of 36" but would prefer 42". does anyone know where i can get a set? i know i can get 36" from granberg (online) for $67. are there other places that sell them?

I'm looking for a longer set of rails for a granberg alaskan mill. I bought a set of 30" rails thinking i'll never mill over that. stupid me. now i need at least a set of 36" but would prefer 42". does anyone know where i can get a set? i know i can get 36" from granberg (online) for $67. are there other places that sell them?

I have seen a post somewhere on here stating they are the same type as the rails used on the back of road signs. As to where to purchase am unsure.

I bought a set of 48" pieces of 80/20 off ebay.
I'm thinking they are 1" I had to use a little diffrent bolt and maybe put a washer spacer to make it work.
Don't remember the cost but they are a pretty good fit for my 36" bar.
I let one positioned pretty far back on the power head side so I can angle the saw as much as i want and still not fall off my rails.
Nice when starting a cut etc.
I have a little extra length than I need but I really dosen't get in the way and a helper can use it for a handle if needed.

Chad

Granberg will sell you the raw rail material by the foot, I bought 6' from the a while bcck and converted my 28" to a 36" for about $18.00 IIRC. Was way cheaper than buying the "kit" from them.

Baileys also have the rails for sale:

36" Alaskan Mill Rails

48" Alaskan Mill Rails

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back