Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
HPIM0570.jpg

Eight generations ago.

Carlyle

Carlyle

ArboristSite Operative
Here are some pics of my varmit gun. Ruger Mini 14 ranch, great for ground hogs and coyotes. Kevin

Not sure about your neck of the woods, but most coyotes up here don't like all the Bling, Bling. I will say that I usually try to hide all the shiny stuff on a coyote rig.

Carlyle

Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Not sure about your neck of the woods, but most coyotes up here don't like all the Bling, Bling. I will say that I usually try to hide all the shiny stuff on a coyote rig.

Carlyle

I was 24 out 25 last year so that's an acceptable loss to me. I don't think they see me ;) or maybe they do like it, to a fault.

Been planning on getting one for several years and my buddy who worked at Bass Pro alerted me that there was a sale plus I'd get his discount. Had all the parts bought allready and did all the work on it and took it back the next weekend. Cleaned and deburred the action as well so it's super smooth. They didn't believe it was the same gun till the ran the serial number. The BEST thing you can do for any gun is get a Hogue stock. Those give the best feel of any out there and there is NO slippage.

Here are some before pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

and an after

attachment.php

I don't use that clip while varmit hunting. I prefer the Eagle clips as they never miss feeding. Stainless isn't that hard to work with, it just takes time and practice ;)

stihl sawing
I was 24 out 25 last year so that's an acceptable loss to me. I don't think they see me ;) or maybe they do like it, to a fault.

Been planning on getting one for several years and my buddy who worked at Bass Pro alerted me that there was a sale plus I'd get his discount. Had all the parts bought allready and did all the work on it and took it back the next weekend. Cleaned and deburred the action as well so it's super smooth. They didn't believe it was the same gun till the ran the serial number. The BEST thing you can do for any gun is get a Hogue stock. Those give the best feel of any out there and there is NO slippage.

Here are some before pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

and an after

attachment.php

I don't use that clip while varmit hunting. I prefer the Eagle clips as they never miss feeding. Stainless isn't that hard to work with, it just takes time and practice ;)
How did you get that stainless so shiney. Bet it took a lot of polishing.

Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
How did you get that stainless so shiney. Bet it took a lot of polishing.

I'm a machinist by day ;) but make a lot of street rod parts on the side and work with stainless mostly. Surface on this was basically bead blasted from the factory for the matte finish. I started with 320 grit, then 600, then 1000. Buff after that to a mirror finish. Sometimes you have to go to 2000 grit on larger flats but not needed on this. This was done in spare time in one week with working a full time job. It was actually a smaller job as some of the stuff gets real involved but no one would pay the cost of having it(gun) done and that's why you don't see it too often. Hard corners are sanded via ice cream sticks with double sided tape(trick).

attachment.php

stihl sawing
I'm a machinist by day ;) but make a lot of street rod parts on the side and work with stainless mostly. Surface on this was basically bead blasted from the factory for the matte finish. I started with 320 grit, then 600, then 1000. Buff after that to a mirror finish. Sometimes you have to go to 2000 grit on larger flats but not needed on this. This was done in spare time in one week with working a full time job. It was actually a smaller job as some of the stuff gets real involved but no one would pay the cost of having it(gun) done and that's why you don't see it too often. Hard corners are sanded via ice cream sticks with double sided tape(trick).

attachment.php
It looks awesome Kevin.

Latest posts