Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen a whole lot of blue sky recently. This was a beautiful break in the clouds looking out from the front door.

IMG00168-20090114-1608Medium.jpg

Walking in the woods with the dog and saw this. Somehow the snow had fallen off the wood but remained connected and was actually sagging :confused: Hard to see in the pic but this cradle of snow was hanging about a foot off the ground...

IMG00170-20090114-1738Medium.jpg

Sure, why not

IMG00179-20090114-2211Medium.jpg

Winter pics,
My pond Christmas eve, a few days later it was completely covered:

attachment.php

A creek in the process of freezing over. I was camped next this while hunting Central Oregon in November:

attachment.php

A bizarre icicle hanging off the back of the house:

attachment.php

icicles hanging outside my bedroom window:

attachment.php

wood4heat,

Those are some very nice pictures. What kind of equipment did you use to take them?

Wow, Canon 40D, that is a serious Prosumer DSLR camera !!! Nice shots, do you like the 3" Live view ??

I've never used the live view. I'm comfortable using the window and as I understand it using live view heats up the sensor and can add noise and artifacts.

More Ice

Rain and temps steady at 30F coated everything in ice. Pines especially were weighted down, but luckily only a few branches snapped.

IMG_3033p.jpg

How about a couple shots from last weekend. This is an Acura V-tech 6 cyl powered rail my buddy Chris from Oregon Motorsprts built. The thing is a kick in the @$$!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, you guys live at wonderfull places. I am amazed how the propertys look. Man, that dune racing, is that a track or in the wild, and if so you can just do that. It would be impossible overhere, only rules, to many people on a to small piece of land.

Lex

Wow, you guys live at wonderfull places. I am amazed how the propertys look. Man, that dune racing, is that a track or in the wild, and if so you can just do that. It would be impossible overhere, only rules, to many people on a to small piece of land.

Lex

My pics were taken at Sand Lake Oregon. It's an off road vehicle park about an hour and a half west of Portland Or that you can ride or drive virtually anything you want. I don't know the exact size but it's got to be in the thousands of acres. A couple hours further south we've got Florence, Winchester Bay, Spinreel, and Coos Bay each of which is a larger area with bigger dunes but for a day trip Sand Lake is hard to beat.

Last edited:
DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

Browning Ultra XT 32" 1/2 and full with homemade buttplate adjuster
Browning Ultra XS 30" Multichoke with comb pillars custom made 7mm longer than normal!
Both same year same lenth of pull same sight picture same palm swell but the XS has MUCH nicer wood:cry:

DSC00260.jpg

Theoben Fenman .22 air rifle 7 1/2" barrel

DSC00258.jpg

Swarovski TDS4 reticule

DSC00259.jpg

The scope is on a .243 not the air rifle lol

O dear aren't guns banned in the UK LOL

Back