Rare Bird -- Keen Kutter Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that it is rare. I am however looking for information on the saw, when it was manufactured, did root make the saw, if so information about root chainsaws, etc.

Root KeenKutter - Is there a second one known now?

Well, ng1415, did you get it?

My Root KeenKutter is a good-running centerpiece in my collection. It's one of the very few saws I have which are among the only make and models now known to be in a collector's hands... along with my Aircraft Specialties Tree Farmer 715A, Mono saw with an O&R engine, and a few other one-of-a-kind saws. The Skarie Chain Lightenings are extremely uncommon, also, but there are now four of them known to still exist... I have two.

Did you haul it in, ng1415??

keen kutter chainsaw- i found one

can you help me find what this thing would be worth?

it is about a 14 inch bar chainsaw with a keen kutter logo stuck on the side.

it's orange and has compression.

new to this sight, but i googled kk chainsaws and this is the only thing i could find.

thx

can you help me find what this thing would be worth?

it is about a 14 inch bar chainsaw with a keen kutter logo stuck on the side.

it's orange and has compression.

new to this sight, but i googled kk chainsaws and this is the only thing i could find.

thx

Well I am sure Ken will be along soon to chime in but the Keen Kutter saw that he found was just like the Root and had the Keen Kutter name cast into the top fuel tank cover

Bill

Looks like one sold on ebay in August of 2008 for almost $300 according to this thread pretty rare item

Hello everyone I found this forum via Google I recently aquired a keen kutter chainsaw and would like information on a problem I have basically bar oil comes out the exhaust . Anyone know what the problem is, the saw runs fine but bar oil comes out when you pull the rope.

Congratulations, George!
:numberone::numberone:
This is only the second Root KK saw I've seen.

If you're getting bar oil in the cylinder and out through the exhaust, maybe you have an impulse oiling system with a stuck ball valve in it, allowing bar oil to back out into the cylinder. Try flushing out the bar oil tank with some kerosene and see if that stops it.

Or send me a PM for my address and send the saw over here to New Mexico and I'll try to fix the problem and give it some good field testing for 30-40 months to make sure it's working OK.
No charge for bench work... I love tinkering with them... :rolleyes: :hi:

ha haa i will keep that in mind . the bar oil isnt going into the cylinder i dont think because the spark plug stays dry, but about a table spoon of oil shoots out when you first pull it wait 5 minutes and just as much comes out again

Back