Re-chroming cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I got service from uschroam and they did and outstanding job on my motorcross bike cyl if i recall i asked them if they could do a high performance weed wacker and i think they said they could they did my bike for about 100 bucks of course it was for a "business" so there wasnt tax i dont think anyways check them out i seen someone link them in a previous post also some rc boaters that use the small modded homelite weed eater and or hobby engines do it to there engines being an rc boat engine cranks high rpms

OH! almost forgot you might check wiseco they make forged pistons and I think they can get you a ring or rings for just about any size piston. and i even think they will custom do pistons if you wanted a high performance piston in your chain saw

Last edited:
Lee, remember that thread from 'over there' ?

Timberwolf tried US Chrome back in February and they responded that they couldn't do it all ?

I just dug the thread up and CCG had a response from usnicom that they could do blind bores 38mm and up ?

Lee, remember that thread from 'over there' ?

Timberwolf tried US Chrome back in February and they responded that they couldn't do it all ?

I just dug the thread up and CCG had a response from usnicom that they could do blind bores 38mm and up ?

I remember the thread, But couldn't remember what was what.
I don't know the smallest that US chrome can do.
But they did mine and it came out nice.

Lee

Yep Us Chrome/Maxpower have done cylinders for some people in the past, but as much as I tried they would not offer to do any for me. I likely have a copy of the emails.

Problem is the hone, through hones are pretty cheep and they can do a range of sizes, blind hole bottoming hones are upwards of a grand each and can only do a tight range in diamiter, plus there is the issue of holding a closed top cylinder in place for honing, this takes a lot of specialized jigging.

Anyone find a place doing good work on closed top cylinders, I'm all ears.

Back