Ready For Winter! 5+ cords with a X27 & Husky 142

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll gladly admit I have one - that little saw is a hoot with the muffler opened up and a MicroLite bar, and it's quite light and well balanced. Amazing how well it pulls for 40cc. I don't doubt it can do that for many years.

I've got a loop of WoodlandPro chain for it on the way from Bailey's, and I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Oregon 90SG that I ground the bumpers off of.

Woodland Pro 3/8LP is decent, but in my opinion, Oregon VXL is the top of the line in 3/8 LP, but it's only available in .050 gauge, and you need .043 unless you change bars.

Were I not CAD afflicted, I could stay warm all winter with a 40cc saw. It's SOOO much more fun tying into the big stuff with twice that much power though!

Thanks for the recognition. My friends & wife think I'm nuts. Then again they don't complain when the house is 70 all winter.

Sounds like here.. Then she really gives me the your nuts look when i cut in the winter..:msp_tongue:

I'll gladly admit I have one - that little saw is a hoot with the muffler opened up and a MicroLite bar, and it's quite light and well balanced. Amazing how well it pulls for 40cc. I don't doubt it can do that for many years.

I've got a loop of WoodlandPro chain for it on the way from Bailey's, and I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Oregon 90SG that I ground the bumpers off of.

Keep it under your shirt but I own a 290.

Of course the smaller saws can get it done. But the big saws make it feel less like work, and more like fun. I don't want to feel like it's a chore to get wood. I want to, want to get wood.

Back when I was a kid, my dad had and elderly Poland saw, back when they were great saws. It had a 16" or a 18" bar and that's all he ever had to cut with. Cut a many cords of wood, and split it all by hand, or forced me to split by hand. Until I built a log splitter, 99% of all the wood we cut was split with a maul, and a cheap lowes maul at that! Even after that old Poland saw finally gave up the ghost, he bought a 026 pro, and he rocked on cutting. And he cut some really big wood sometimes.

Another example of why I'm proud to be a 142 owner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I Filed one of my old chains to 10deg and made my own milling attachment.

I own a machining & fab shop so the ability to cut timbers to size for cribbing & jack blocks seemed like a good idea. I wouldn't go building a barn with the 142, but it's faster then going to the store & buying a few 10 x 10's

Back