Real deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no expert so I am just speculating. I did look MS381 pics in Google pictures and they are all different than this one. The model is not in current lineup in Stihl USA or Stihl Germany -websites either and none of the models sold today on those markets have that kind of air filter cover. And none had those Stihl -stickers all over the orange covers. And I think saws have come with flip caps for ages now.

If you google "Stihl fake" pics there are some saws which partially match with that one. Similar top plastics, old style fuel/oil caps and that black button on top of fuel cap. Some fakes have different profile on rear handle than genuine Stihl saws but the seller left that part out of the pics.

Oh, notice how the front of the saw is orange too, never seen that on Stihl saws. It doesn't match the orange on the platics.

I would not touch it.

Maybe do a public service and let cops sort this seller out before he cons and even endangers people more?

This one is pretty much the same thing. Little changes to air filter cover but otherwise most details match. He paid 100 bucks, somebody on other forum paid 45 bucks - IMHO still too much for a piece of ... 😉

There is nothing on that saw that even is close to a current or past Stihl model.
I think this was the old redmax saw that they clone and Color and sticker it a still.
ms381 looks completely different and is based on old 038 model.
cops won’t do anythin, but forward info to Stihl head office at [email protected]
and will send email/letter to cease and desis.

Тhe saw is a fake.I have a similar one, but with a different case worth 50 euros.I used it actively, but soon it clogged the carburetor, today I decided to clean it in the afternoon.Many things need to be reviewed, but I personally keep it, this is my first saw.He was joined Mac 3200 and Husqvarna 353.

Wow,
cops won’t do anythin, but forward info to Stihl head office at [email protected]
and will send email/letter to cease and desis.
Wow. so fraud and/or importing and selling counterfeit products is not a crime worth investigating in CA or USA? 😳 Must be great for con men. I know in most places these people are promptly arrested. They are also liable for any injury and damage their products have caused. If they are not arrested and investigated none of this ever comes alight.

Wow,

Wow. so fraud and/or importing and selling counterfeit products is not a crime worth investigating in CA or USA? 😳 Must be great for con men. I know in most places these people are promptly arrested. They are also liable for any injury and damage their products have caused. If they are not arrested and investigated none of this ever comes alight.
what proof do the cops have that it is fake if you called? cause u said it is? cause some unknown forum members here say so?
what if the guy says it is not fake? then what- its "he said, she said"
the police would have to contact stihl and start investigation and as they dont know if it is real or not-only stihl knows if it fake as they are the manufacture-we dont have 100% proof if this was not an experimental test model, foreign market? , i dont think the police academy has a spot the fake chainsaw course-other than someone passing fake money as it is a federal case and one that is taught to them.
importing of fake products has to be reported to police by the one who has the crime against them- in this case stihl, their appointed agent, distributor, or maybe even a dealer

what proof do the cops have that it is fake if you called? cause u said it is? cause some unknown forum members here say so?
what if the guy says it is not fake? then what- its "he said, she said"
the police would have to contact stihl and start investigation and as they dont know if it is real or not-only stihl knows if it fake as they are the manufacture-we dont have 100% proof if this was not an experimental test model, foreign market? , i dont think the police academy has a spot the fake chainsaw course-other than someone passing fake money as it is a federal case and one that is taught to them.
importing of fake products has to be reported to police by the one who has the crime against them- in this case stihl, their appointed agent, distributor, or maybe even a dealer
Yeah, that is called criminal investigation. That is what police or other investigators are supposed to do. I am quite sure there is an agency or two in USA too who specializes to counterfeit products. In case of dangerous machinery I would think some agency would also be very interested in preventing public safety issues and user injury.

Well, I don't really care if they are investigated or not in USA. I was suggesting that it might be a good idea to report such sales adds to authorities. In many places these things are taken very seriously though.

Yeah, that is called criminal investigation. That is what police or other investigators are supposed to do. I am quite sure there is an agency or two in USA too who specializes to counterfeit products. In case of dangerous machinery I would think some agency would also be very interested in preventing public safety issues and user injury.

Well, I don't really care if they are investigated or not in USA. I was suggesting that it might be a good idea to report such sales adds to authorities. In many places these things are taken very seriously though.
Lovely Police state thinking my friend.
1how is this saw anymore dangerous then another 2 police in North America don’t do anything about counterfeit products or their then money. I can go to any corner store and buy counterfeit watches,flashlight,knives ect the people responsible for dealing with counterfeit materials would be at the border when stuff comes in and the company. I think it was mag light or another flashlight company that gets fakes dropped off by the container load and crushes them.

It’s called freedom :rock:
So to you its freedom that conmen who sell fake and illegal machinery are not reported to authorities? Again, great. 🙄 Its one thing to turn a blind eye when you see somebody selling fake watches when everybody knows they are fake but completely other thing to publicly defend actions of criminals who are committing fraud by selling fake goods as genuine to uninformed people. Its not freedom, its just dishonest and basically just reveals your morals. I am pretty sure your freedom as a concept does not mean freedom to commit crime and con people out of their money.

I am done with this issue. Back to actual chainsaw stuff.

Ps. about reality of freedom in the world. 😉 😎 And this is just wonderful too.

Latest posts

Back