real world experience, how do the Chinese knockoff saws compare performance wise to the real deal? has anyone run them side by side?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup they are very nice clones. Decomp, oil/gas caps, ignition coil wire, and foam filters are problematic. Other than that I find them to be hot saws with no epa shite.

E459C317-1FDD-40CF-AC2D-A69A42B3FB71.jpeg

My friends are always surprised by the weight of the neo tec 892.
It looks and is huge but it only weighs 2-3 pounds more than a 61/272 with the same 20 or 24 inch bar.
I ditched the skid plate, big dogs and chopped off the wrap handle to make it as light as possible.

I'm not a small guy at 5' 8" and 240, I dont mind blocking up wood with the 066 clone at all but wouldnt use it falling normal sized trees where you have to man handle it, I have other saws for that.

My friends are always surprised by the weight of the neo tec 892.
It looks and is huge but it only weighs 2-3 pounds more than a 61/272 with the same 20 or 24 inch bar.
I ditched the skid plate, big dogs and chopped off the wrap handle to make it as light as possible.

I'm not a small guy at 5' 8" and 240, I dont mind blocking up wood with the 066 clone at all but wouldnt use it falling normal sized trees where you have to man handle it, I have other saws for that.
Not a big deal to me. The one with the 25” bar and skid plate spent 6 hours out in my woodlot cuttin tops for firewood from the ‘22 selective cut. For the speed and power I like to use it for high volume. Makes very quick work on northern red oak.

I've never seen anyone buck up wood with the 070, it's super heavy and slow, the 066 clones are way faster for that, it's a milling saw and you dont need that stuff milling.

I picked up a cheap neo tec 892 about a month ago. It's a beast, starts very easy, runs great and is very powerful. Had the typical chinese saw issues, the decomp sucked, I replaced it with a used oem one, the bar oil cap broke, I had an old husky cap that fit and my oiler was weak, a new one was 20 bucks and works good. Other than those few tiny issues which are totally sorted now the saws great and it was cheaper than a 50cc saw lol.
A question,, I felt the bar oiler was weak also.. Yet it's new.. How to know a replacement is a better fix..?? What brand ?? I have no used oem.. Is it possible to make the original puke more oil, other than replace it? The prices I looked at were not the issue.. The performance was/is.

I got jems chain saw 105cc new in the plastic and new bar
for $600.00 obo

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Some weights. They are pretty much right with OEM PHO dry weights like they weigh them.

If you want selection Farmertec is the one. Here is just a few. I forgot the G288 G444 440, G260, G111 200T weight but same as oem with high top set up. G366 361, G372xp OE 372, G395, G888 880 last ones they did in 880, G070, G660, G466 460.

g372weight.jpgg366weighttt.jpgg395weightdry.jpgg888weight.jpgg070weight.jpgg660weightgrybox.jpgg466weightt.jpg

Speed is a non issue with me on them i would prefer longevity over anything. But as is stock run the ratio they call for and use a decent oil because i have seen bearing failures in them.

A question,, I felt the bar oiler was weak also.. Yet it's new.. How to know a replacement is a better fix..?? What brand ?? I have no used oem.. Is it possible to make the original puke more oil, other than replace it? The prices I looked at were not the issue.. The performance was/is.
I bought the cheapest one on amazon that shipped quickly, it was 20 bucks.
I did this incase I screwed up modding the pump, you dont need to buy one at all. You can grind the taper on the pump steeper so they pump more and grind the stop down on the adjuster screw so it turns it up further. There's how to's on youtube.
I ground the stop off the adjuster on the replacement pump and left the internals alone, you can get a good amount more oil just by doing that.
It now uses about 3/4 of a tank of oil to a tank of gas and the bar oiler hole doesnt plug up anymore. It was only using a 1/4 tank of oil to a tank of gas when I got it.

If you grind the stop off the adjuster watch how far the pump strokes while adjusting it, about a 1/4 turn more than max is as much as it will pump, after that it starts turning it down.

I bought the cheapest one on amazon that shipped quickly, it was 20 bucks.
I did this incase I screwed up modding the pump, you dont need to buy one at all. You can grind the taper on the pump steeper so they pump more and grind the stop down on the adjuster screw so it turns it up further. There's how to's on youtube.
I ground the stop off the adjuster on the replacement pump and left the internals alone, you can get a good amount more oil just by doing that.
It now uses about 3/4 of a tank of oil to a tank of gas and the bar oiler hole doesnt plug up anymore. It was only using a 1/4 tank of oil to a tank of gas when I got it.

If you grind the stop off the adjuster watch how far the pump strokes while adjusting it, about a 1/4 turn more than max is as much as it will pump, after that it starts turning it down.
U da man... Thanx for the info

Back