rebuild help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2kut

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently rebuilt a ms200t new cylinder,piston etc. It won't start its not getting gas I don't no why any ideas?

Things to check:
pinched or disconnected line
fuel filter fell off in tank
impulse hose disconnected or pinched
fuel in tank? (don't laugh)
carb not sealed to cylinder properly (ie, major air leak)
ignition grounded
incorrect gap on flywheel/coil
spark plug ok? (try another one)
ignition timing correct?

Is it a known good carb? If the carb is good, I would check and see if your impulse hose is connected.
Zama carb I bought the rebuild kit and did that to. The gas isn't even getting to the impulse line . I check the compression its weak. What do I do to get better compression?

The impulse line is a dry line, gas doesn't go through it. Try checking the checklist that fearofpavement mentioned and also see if it runs with mix in the carb. Also, try putting a few drops of 2 cycle oil in the spark plug hole and see if she fires (straight oil).

Take a look in the cylinder through the exhaust port to make sure you didn't break a ring during assembly (since you stated the compression was low)
Also, a bit of oil in there to seal the rings is a good idea as juttree suggested.
If the saw fires when you put a bit of mix directly into it, you have a carb/fuel supply issue. If it doesn't fire when you add a bit of fuel directly into it, then you have some other problem.
You confirmed you have spark?

Finally got it to start! But the compression is still low about 80/85. What else can I do?.

Finally got it to start! But the compression is still low about 80/85. What else can I do?.
Are you sure your gauge is good, do you have another saw that you can check with it? Did your rebuild also include new rings? That's an awful low reading for a new top end. I would think even with some no name, white box, aftermarket kit you should be getting a higher reading than that.

Latest posts

Back