rebuilt 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanmarc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello... I have just finished putting my 026 back together with a different lower end, new piston, rings. I have not tried starting it yet as it seems awful hard to pull... How hard should it pull?? I really have to hold to it with my foot to pull with it on the ground.. Thank you, Marc

I can't see an 026 being that hard to pul over. Take the spark plug out and if it doesn't turn over VERY easily by rotating the flywheel, somethings not right. At this point I would not be using the starter cord.

I didn't use any lube, I used alot 5w40 motor oil though... I will pull it back apart tomorrow. I have not pulled much on it, so we will see..... Thank you, Marc

I just took the plug out and it turns fairly easy. With plug in, wow what a tug....Just feels like alot of compression......Guess I will pull it apart tomorrow, gonna know this thing real well by the time I am done with it... Thank you, Marc

Dont pull it apart. Roll the dice and start it.I bet you have super high compression because of the motor oil making a good seal. Try pulling plug and pulling over to move that oil out.:chainsaw:

I just took the plug out and it turns fairly easy. With plug in, wow what a tug....Just feels like alot of compression......Guess I will pull it apart tomorrow, gonna know this thing real well by the time I am done with it... Thank you, Marc

If it turns easy without the plug and only hard to turn over with the plug in it you're good to go, it's just compression.

I didn't use any lube, I used alot 5w40 motor oil though... I will pull it back apart tomorrow. I have not pulled much on it, so we will see..... Thank you, Marc

Right there's your excessive compression. All that's required is a very thin film. The excessive lube is creating much greater than normal compression. Start it!:)

Thank you guys very much..... I don't think I will ever do what I did again...My idea of a thin layer of oil is going to be alot THINNER. After filling the carb with gas 3 times she fired off good, a little smoky:jawdrop:.. I thank you guys and BCorradi, that guy is awful helpful..... Marc

BCorradi, I would say you rock, but I don't want to sound wierd... Will probably be looking you up again soon, as that 026 in the classifieds will coming way... Thank you again very much, Marc

BCorradi, I would say you rock, but I don't want to sound wierd... Will probably be looking you up again soon, as that 026 in the classifieds will coming way... Thank you again very much, Marc

fire away!!! most of us here have been referred to as "saw queers" by a recently departed member. we don't take much too seriously.

Mr. Snelling, couldn't agree more. Bible rules are life here, the Catholic one. Thank you again guys, now my scout saw is back in business with the help from here... Marc

Latest posts

Back