recommend a chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revturbo977

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im looking for a chipper that is on the smaller side ( nothing big enough to tow) to help clean up after tree work. i would probably chip up to 2 inch pieces because i save almost everything for firewood.

thank you

Years ago I bought a top of the line Troybilt chipper. Although it is well powered I found having the discharge near the ground was inconvenient as it required constant attention to keep cleared.

I have a Mackissic 12PT10. The shredder handles 1 inch or smaller branches and the chipper handles up to 3.5 branches. The hammers in the shredder are reversible. I've had mine for about 8 years and I have zero issues with it. If your chipping 2.5 or smaller it will work pretty good for you.

I have a 20hp power Echo/BearCat chipper shredder 5" capacity ( SC5720) ( and it can do it) looks like a small sized commercial unit. Tall exhaust chute that is directional controllable so you can blow into a box truck or trailer. What it doesn't have and most small units do not, is a crush feed system. it is just gravity feed although once the knives get a hold of the material it pretty much self feeds. ( sometimes ya got to hang on to a 4" or 5" dia. pole to slow it down) It has been a very good unit for me. Simple one bolt removal to open the grinding chambers for clearing should you jam it up ( that's what sold me after the previous unit) or blade replacement.

Back