Recommend a woodstove with decent runtime

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you believe that is going to stop people then I have a stove for you... It's probably safe to say >85% of people selling a stove don't know the EPA rules about to take effect which means I wouldn't expect to see any non compliant stoves discounted.
Could very well be, I have no idea, just guessing. Onliest stove store I have been in lately is tractor supply, 15-20% off the few models they have.

While I have no first hand experience with them I believe you are on the right track. Another option is call the guy and get the model number and Google there reviewes on it.

It looks like the model nc13, which is listed as non catalytic, but the ad says catalytic. So ya, he should get the real model number. 300 bucks though, probably do the job.

I'll second the Englander 30NC get a brand new stove for your budget. You can catch them on sale using certain zip codes and have them shipped to your local home depot for under 750 bucks. You have to put the work I'm unless someone here knows the zip for this year or the stores here in VA have them for 899. Another thing to factor in is the liner and dry wood.

I'll second the Englander 30NC get a brand new stove for your budget. You can catch them on sale using certain zip codes and have them shipped to your local home depot for under 750 bucks. You have to put the work I'm unless someone here knows the zip for this year or the stores here in VA have them for 899. Another thing to factor in is the liner and dry wood.
Change your Home Depot store to Durango Colorado. The Englander nc-30 is $649 + shipping .I had one for about 3 years and it heats my 1800 sq ft. house with no problem , but it definitely likes well seasoned wood.

sounds like a pretty good deal. In light of this, actually it doesn't make sense to get a 20-year old unit for $500.

I think I will pull the trigger on it.

Best to have it shipped to the local Home depot or directly to the residence?

It sounds like you've already made up your mind. I think the Englander 30nc is a great choice. I have been using one for four years and I love mine. As a matter of fact I installed a craigslist stove first that required an 8" flue. If I had installed the Englander in the first place with a 6" chimney it would have been cheaper than the used stove with 8". Live and learn. At least the Englander seems to work fine with the 8".

As far as 12hr burn times, you probably won't see that. More like 6-8 hrs of decent heat and then 2-4 additional hours of holding enough coals to start another fire depending on wood type, wind, etc. I pretty much can feed mine 3 times a day and keep the house comfortable.

It has always burned whatever I threw in it but for a hot, long lasting, low smoke, low burn you really need well seasoned wood.

I scanned craigslist, nothing there, overpriced old junk. Amazing. 20 year old stuff for $500.

6-8 hours of burn time and then 2-4 hours of additional 'enough coals' to start another fire works just fine and is a vast improvement over what I have now - a fireplace that burns for 2-3 hours and then goes out immediately so it's dead cold at 2am. and very little heat makes it inside, even with the blower. I've had an old woodstove before and it was a vast difference.

Decent stove , I just replaced my 13yr old englander with a Drolet HT2000 , delivered to my door from Menards . It throws a lot of heat , has a 3.7cu ft firebox , long burn times ... Around $1230 delivered . Blowes wanted about $2000 for same stove ..... Not delivered .

The nc 30 is s great value it's new it's reasonable it burns clean and has good customer but your not going to get a true 12 hrs burn .more like 8 same for the drolet 2000 which is another nice unit .. That is a very tall order unless you have a 5 cubic foot firebox with reburn technology or a cat

I meant 12 hours of heat, 8 of burning and a few more hours of coals so you can put some wood on it in the morning and jump start the fire easily. Not wake up in the morning and it's stone-cold.

Some Home Depots have the nc-30 in the store so you can take a look at it.lowes also has a stove made by Englander, its about the same size as the nc-30 with a larger viewing window and you just need ember protection for the hearth for $ 899 . As stated by others Drolet also makes great products with good prices.

Yep I'd jump on that if its in good condition inside. I'd do a search to see if they have any common problems.

What's the size of the firebox of the Englander 24-IC? I cannot find the specs anywhere.

Latest posts

Back