Recommendation for Best cylinder kit, and other parts for stihl ms192T rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cycle2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would like to know what the experts recommend for a good rebuild cylinder kit (cylinder,piston, rings, etc.) in order to rebuild my Stihl ms192T. I have never rebuilt a chainsaw before but after reading some of the great posts on this site I would like to give it a try. I have seen cylinder kits on Ebay starting at $45 and up, but don't know enough about them to make an informed decision. Since I will have the saw apart if their are any other parts you would recommend I replace, would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if their are any step by step instructions (jack and jill) version for doing a rebuild?

Thanks in advance.

When ever possible I use Meteor cylinders and pistons, with Caber rings. The low cost eBay products are OK by most reports, but make sure the cylinder bore has Nikasil plating, which is better than chrome plating(or no plating at all). Bailey's has Stihl 192T OEM cylinder & piston kits for $140

Latest posts

Back