Recommendation for excavator mounted grapple saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what size excavator? about to get an SG160 mecanil for my KX040, small saw but its a small machine, they don't make a rotobec even remotely close to small enough for my machine

He has a rotobek grapple on a smaller Kubota like yours. His grapple/saw is on a new Hyundai 085 (20k #).

He has a rotobek grapple on a smaller Kubota like yours. His grapple/saw is on a new Hyundai 085 (20k #).

yeah, his rotobec on the KX057 is over 800 pounds, my machine lifts 1200 at max reach, so that leaves me with 400# capacity

as someone commonly lifting well into/past tipping capacity, the rotobec is too large IMO, plus no saw :(

I think the SG160 is 4 or 600 pounds, still a stout grapple but saves some capacity and does more than the rotobec will for a little less money
heck, if I had that SG160, the job im currently doing would be done in half the time and I would be hurting a lot less too

yeah, his rotobec on the KX057 is over 800 pounds, my machine lifts 1200 at max reach, so that leaves me with 400# capacity

as someone commonly lifting well into/past tipping capacity, the rotobec is too large IMO, plus no saw :(

I think the SG160 is 4 or 600 pounds, still a stout grapple but saves some capacity and does more than the rotobec will for a little less money
heck, if I had that SG160, the job im currently doing would be done in half the time and I would be hurting a lot less too
I made a 3pt (bought) grapple & rotator and hyd winch for my tractor. It's not as heavy duty but it's probably under 400 pounds for the small grapple and rotator. Perfect little grapple to match little equipment. 👍

I made a 3pt (bought) grapple & rotator and hyd winch for my tractor. It's not as heavy duty but it's probably under 400 pounds for the small grapple and rotator. Perfect little grapple to match little equipment. 👍
I used to have a branch manager grapple that I made fit my machine worked great but a lack of rotator and saw were problematic, whole thing was about 225 pounds

Back