Avant grapple question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimbersam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good evening. I recently acquired an Avant 528. I have had mini skid steers with bmg grapples. I am very used to running this combo. But I was wondering how the bmg works with the Avant? Is it easy to use? Should I get a power rotating grapple? Any other insight or opinions? Thanks for any comments or advice!!!!

I ran my non power rotate BMG on a Giant 1200 tele for a couple hours (demo) and loved it, the avant will be very similar, runs it fantastic, feeding a chipper is amazing too
I currently have my BMG mounted on my excavator with a custom mount and like it, mini skid is the worst way to use one IMO
took me all of 5 minutes in the loader to be 10x as productive as I am with my mini skid that I have hundreds of hours on
power rotate is probably nice to have on the giant, not an option on my mini skid since it takes up too much height (I already only clear my trailer by an inch or so on my mini)
that avant lift what, 8ft?

Back