Recommendation for pole pruner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beback

Reaction score
I sometimes need a manual telescoping pole pruner to care for aging trees and to thin out high branches. Could someone with experience give me advice on brands and types. Not looking for anything gas or electric. Thanks.

I have the jameson poles with bull lopper and polesaw head and they are tough, but probably overkill for most people. Good pole saws are very expensive.

If its for occasional/home use then fiskars makes a very good extendable lopper that goes up to 4.8m high (about 16') and has moderate power. It's reasonably priced, and some tree crews do use them.

In terms of pole saws, the hayauchi is great if you've got money.

It really depends on how much you want to spend and how often you'll need to use it. There are some great pole saws out there if you are willing to spend a lot of money. But for the average user they're probably not necessary.

i use the ars version of the silky hyabuchi it has a two section tele pole 1st section is hd 2nd is thinner and i dont horse it around , cuts good and has the undercut blade to score the bark on the bottom of the branch so you dont get so many strippers this saw is still spensive think i paid about a hunnert bucks 7 yrs ago good shopping jk

i use the ars version of the silky hyabuchi it has a two section tele pole 1st section is hd 2nd is thinner and i dont horse it around , cuts good and has the undercut blade to score the bark on the bottom of the branch so you dont get so many strippers this saw is still spensive think i paid about a hunnert bucks 7 yrs ago good shopping jk

+1

Thanks for advice

Thanks for the replies. I got 3 poles and a saw - Jameson, and all is working fine for my needs. Appreciate the help.

Back