Recommended trucks? (UK)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kye

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ello people, I'm about to set up a company, just looking for a truck, I'm assuming a tipper is the most practical vehicle judging by other arborists I've worked with, any advice, recommendations greatly appreciated, cheers

alright mate. whats your budget?
if you want value for money i'd definetly go with an ldv. make sure its 98 onwards as that has the transit engine and gearbox. thats what i currently have. im no transit fan, mostly because i think you can get far more for your money with other trucks. the vw lt35 is well worth considering if you're looking for something a little more upmarket, i think thats going to be my next move anyhow

Don't you mean lorry? Ha ha ha left me saw in the boot, best look under the bonnet and check the oil.

stephenbullman said:
alright mate. whats your budget?
if you want value for money i'd definetly go with an ldv. make sure its 98 onwards as that has the transit engine and gearbox. thats what i currently have. im no transit fan, mostly because i think you can get far more for your money with other trucks. the vw lt35 is well worth considering if you're looking for something a little more upmarket, i think thats going to be my next move anyhow

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! LDV trany engine and gearbox LDV no no...:deadhorse:

Get yourself a good secondhand jap truck, the best secondhand jap truck is without doubt a nissan cabstar..do '''not''' buy an LDV ,Transit,or Iveco

Last edited:
Jap trucks are the best in the WORLD buy far, better than any ford,ldv,merc or vw ,and believe me i've had a lot of trucks over the years getting on for 20,I will never ever buy anything other than a jap truck EVER ,they simply :rock:

ROLLACOSTA said:
Jap trucks are the best in the WORLD buy far, better than any ford,ldv,merc or vw ,and believe me i've had a lot of trucks over the years getting on for 20,I will never ever buy anything other than a jap truck EVER ,they simply :rock:
Kind of funny for a proud racist, white supremacist chav such as yourself to be extolling the virtues of a truck built by Japs, eh? Remember WW2, Rolla? Wanker.

clearance said:
Kind of funny for a proud racist, white supremacist chav such as yourself to be extolling the virtues of a truck built by Japs, eh? Remember WW2, Rolla? Wanker.

Another brilliant thread by the :monkey: ....:clap:

thanks

I've decided to go for the cabstar, I was considering a canter or an iveco, thanks for advice

i know off someone with a iveco with roller shutter tool box behind the cab and a made for the job, metal tipping chip box, no power steering but a good tidy arb lorry all the same...he closed his business down but still has the truck. might take an offer...its a nice thing....

mitsubishi make fine trucks,there not the biggest corporation on earth by accident.

Back