Red Beard air foam air cleaner...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any proper foam air filter oil should work. As long as the filter is squeezed out well and allowed to sit for a while before installation, it will not migrate out of the foam to any great degree.

I have no interest whatsoever in using foam filters in chainsaws. The cs590 flocked filter gets dirty very quickly and it would be a pita for me to bother with foam.
This.
If it's making a mess it's over oiled.

No clue what he has going on. Must pour it on and not ringing it out good
On the contrary. I put the foam in a plastic sandwich bag and add a tiny bit of filter oil and knead it in. My issue is getting the foam out of the sandwich bag, I have to wear latex gloves as the Bel-Ray is hell to get off your hands. Nothing more other than it tends to coat everything around the filter when it sits. Like I said, next cleaning I'll most likely use K&N filter oil instead.

On the contrary. I put the foam in a plastic sandwich bag and add a tiny bit of filter oil and knead it in. My issue is getting the foam out of the sandwich bag, I have to wear latex gloves as the Bel-Ray is hell to get off your hands. Nothing more other than it tends to coat everything around the filter when it sits. Like I said, next cleaning I'll most likely use K&N filter oil instead.
K&N filter oil isn't ment to be used with foam filters.

From back in dirt bike days, I still use 30w non detergent motor oil on my foam filters and clean with water and dawn dish liquid. The sandwich bag method works starting with the least oil possible. Always add a little more.

K&N filter oil isn't ment to be used with foam filters.
Don't mean to beat a dead dog here but that is correct. K&N filter oil is for oiled, cotton gauze filters only. They work differently than foam. I use the Bel Ray as well. Have for decades. It (and other FOAM filter oils) has the proper "tackiness" to work with foam. It's hard to get off your hands for a reason! That characteristic is how it works. Just don't over oil...

Back