Red Cedar Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
How much do 1x6x8 red cedar planks go for? I've got someone that wants to buy the results of my first foray into milling for building a CD shelf.

Ian

I charge 65 cents a foot!

That's all? $1.30 a foot, finished product?

Western Red Cedar, here in Wa, is paying $1000-1200 mbf at the mill, the higher $ is for 32 feet and longer lengths. That's some good $!!!

As with any species, cost depends on where you live. Here in eastern PA I payed an Amish mill $2 a bd ft for 6/4 by 6 inch by 8 ft planks. They were pretty clear though, as that is what I needed, and not that I needed it, but they had already run them through the planer to get that exact inch and half thickness. In this part of the country, you will pay much more for relatively clear stuff. Lesser quality, and 4/4 stuff is much cheaper, but if it's been dried, it's usually at least a buck, buck and half a bd ft.

Guy down the road get .35 cents a liner foot normally or he will make 8x8 or 10x10 cants for .35 a foot for each side cut.
About $15 for a 7' cant with 4 sides cut. I think.

Latest posts

Back