Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
88 ferd f-250 460 engine, 5 speed stick.

An 88. That's incredible. All the 88's are long gone from here, and a lot of the 98's. The company truck I had last year was a 2000 f150, and it's gone now. It was rusted so bad it wasn't worth fixing, the box was literally falling off it.

It did have 400k on it.

None yet. My biggest problems have been the Gauges have never worked right and still don't. Also seems to blow a lot of rear end seals.

my truck is bad about that my oil pressure and volt gauge is all that works rite. i am going to get a manual temp gauge soon. My front end is gone to. it needs a full rebuild. i am not sure if yours has a Ford TTB front end or not but if the U-joints get some play replace em. or you will break your axle shafts. trust me i know:msp_mad::msp_mad::bang::bang:

The next GTG, Some of you kick my butt for not using this thing before. Awesome. Easy and it works like a charm. Tried noodlin a log after it and WOW.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Them poor childrens didn't have you Fri so you can take Sat off.

Shameful, but sometimes necessary.

About time that you woke up on chain sharpening.

LOL ya gotta be kidding me...those are for people that dont know how to hand file a chain. By the time you take off yer chain throw it on that contraption and put it back on, I would be off cutting . Well if one learns to hand file correctly time will be saved ten times fold.

I would love to get a hold of some of that red elm for some of my little projects. it looks like it would be neat wood to work with.

LOL ya gotta be kidding me...those are for people that dont know how to hand file a chain. By the time you take off yer chain throw it on that contraption and put it back on, I would be off cutting . Well if one learns to hand file correctly time will be saved ten times fold.

I would love to get a hold of some of that red elm for some of my little projects. it looks like it would be neat wood to work with.
Nope, I'm not kidding. I used to hand file and did it for 30 years. I still do on occasion. Each has its place.

You are right, this is a red elm discussion, not chain sharpening. We have a whole forum available for that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back