Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
You get the truck unloaded?
Yeah, and most of it split. When I got home the dogs had broke out of their pen and the neighbors had my answerin machine lit up. Buddy, my male collie showed up with a hind quarter and sassy had what must have been the longest saw briar i ever seen hung in her coat.What a day! Think I'll take a vicodin and go 2 bed.

8433jeff

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
Good job, men. No wonder Globo is always hounding you, SS.
Thanks for your service JW, and try not to look so formal next...wait, its because SS had his favorite doo rag on you looked so good.
Church, sharpen, cut some more?

Blazin

Blazin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice work guys, you got a dent put in it anyway! :rock: Seeing SS reefin with that cant hook makes me glad I got a loader :msp_ohmy:

Thanks for your service in nam JW, the huge oak is a twig compared to that :cheers:

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
You aint kiddin them oak trees like that will make the local chain dealer rich
I brought my 5100 along in case SS wanted to get some of that elm across the street or in case my larger saw got hung up.1st cut on the oak on a 14" limb snapped the .325 chain.I put a 3/8 rim and bar on it and finished the cut but by the 2nd round the chain was dull and I did'nt have anouther loop or a 3/16 file with me.Not much you can do with a 50cc saw on a tree that size anyway.
Hope SS gets some more cut before this wind blows in a storm.I'd like to go hang out with him again today but its farther for me and I need to fix a hole in the dog pen fence sometime today.

And sharpen some chains!

stihl sawing
Well i got half a trailer load, Like to never got the 460 started and when i finished with it i was going to the elm tree. The POS 250 stihl wouldn't start as usual. It's had three coils in it. This will be my last coil if it needs it. Gonna sell it and get a husky equivelent. I got the half trailer load off the oak again. Rocked out four chains again. That tree has been a Beotch on chains. I will post the few pics later. I didn't get but a couple.

Blazin

Blazin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well i got half a trailer load, Like to never got the 460 started and when i finished with it i was going to the elm tree. The POS 250 stihl wouldn't start as usual. It's had three coils in it. This will be my last coil if it needs it. Gonna sell it and get a husky equivelent. I got the half trailer load off the oak again. Rocked out four chains again. That tree has been a Beotch on chains. I will post the few pics later. I didn't get but a couple.

Wait till you get to the butt wood on that monster if you think you roasted some chains, that thing has sucked up years and years of dirt and stone! Pack of files on the way :D

stihl sawing
This 250 don't have probably 20 hours on it. It has been a POS from day one. When it's running it's a nice cuttin machine, But that's when it runs which is not much. I even had trouble with the 460 starting this morning. Never had any problem with it. It also died a couple times for no reason. May be time for a 372 and 346. Besides the stihl dealers around here think they do us a favor by being open. Here are the only two pics taken, I was too mad too think about pics.lol You reall can't tell what i done from these, My son took em or there wouldn't be any.lol he did take a couple of me but i ain't postin em. Been too much of my ugly mug as it is.

attachment.php

attachment.php

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
It will look bigger when you get it split.My 46 was acting goofy yesterday.It ran fine untill I re-fueled, then it was screamin like it went lean.I backed the h-screw out about 1/4 turn and it seemed ok but when you used it(and I had refueled again by now) to noodle that last round it had went rich like it shoud have been after I backed the H-screw out.
Idonknow, maybe that tree is hainted...