Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably gonna cut off those big knots and get it down where my bar will go through. Then noodle it to handle. My splitter will slice em up.

Thats pretty big talk. I would love to see video of that. The splitter, not the noodling.

It will split anything put in it, Now those huge rounds will be noodled down. So the splitter will not be doing the whole round. I've split some pretty big sweet gum with it and some big knots and crotches.

I'm just razzing you some, its way easier to split after noodling anyway, on all involved I've found.

SS, when I clear lots we push the tree's over with a backhoe first so the stump is still attached to the trunk. Be careful, the stump is always a setup for a big bar pincher. I look forward to the pictures of the date with JW. :cheers:

Don't be surprised if the trunk is dragged back at the stump also. If you can get something under that end, but that SOB is so big.
Just be careful, that will squish you down to midget size in a hurry.

A couple of blowed over trees like that popped back up after i cut so far down the trunk. We won't probably get to the big trunk tommorrow. There is a ton of wood on the limbs.

I was gonna say, that sucker might stand back up when you cut the trunk.

Take lots of wedges with you.

spent the day cutting with JW, He about worked me to death.lol My son showed up and loaded the trailer, We also got a truckload for JW.
Had a good time, It was hard work but wee worth it.

Didn't get to the big stuff yet, Both of us killed some chains today.:dizzy: I tell ya. Don't know what was dulling them so fast but it was constantly. Some of the wood was dirty and i think i hit something with a brand new chain.

here's something that JW Don't brag about but i will brag for him. He has a Purple heart from Viet Nam. He showed us the wound, It went right through him. Need to give him some rep for serving our country and getting wounded.

I have a couple of videos loading to youtube, But in the meanwhile here are some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

that wood siding would come in handy off that house...lol
what a mess that made..keep up the good work.:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back