• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold REDUCED!!! 2021 Husqvarna 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad there’s no permanent any damage.eye injuries are rough. I’ve had my share of eye issues over the years. When I was a kid I was fishing and the kid I was with went to cast and on the backswing the tip of the pole hit my eye. That I still see the effects of that one.
A few years back I was changing the gas line on my winter car and I pulled the fuel pump fuse and ran it until it died thinking that relieved the pressure. Some of the line was spliced with fuel injection hose to make it through the winter. We’ll when I pulled the hose off the gas went right in my face full pressure. Went in my nose mouth eyes everywhere. Didn’t hurt for a few seconds but after that holy cow! I ran into the house kept flushing it my face swelled up. I ended up getting in the shower gradually opening my eyes.

That was a whole bunch of suck. Had I had on safety glasses it still woulda sucked but woulda been a lot less. It looked like I got punched in the face a whole bunch of times. It healed really quickly though.

Yeah this is the worst!!! The chemical that got in my eye has a ph of 12... It's an oxygen scavenger I used to treat the boilers I have at my work highly concentrated and apparently very acidic. It's called BS 360. It managed to instantly etch a scratch in my cornea on contact. I had a series of two to three hour 1000 cc flushings with a tube and a suction cup attached to my eyeball at the hospital. With periodically them checking the pH of my eyeball throughout to make sure they were getting the chemical out and having them take that off my eyeball was like pulling a suction cup off of a window.. I am hopeful that I will recover from this but I suppose there is always a chance it won't be 💯 the same. I WILL be wearing high quality safety glasses all day everyday. This sucks!!!

Back