Reduced Weight Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChipMonger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
All-

For those of you who are using Oregon reduced weight bars on a daily basis in hard conditions I.E. logging; How are the holding up? any issues with them that you have found? Im curious what you all think of them.

Thanks,
Paul

No problems so far. Treat them right and they will treat you right. The only damaged ones that I have seen would have damaged any other bar just the same.

Try it you'll like if you drive a saw very much.

Owl

they are great to run but a tad flexy (the 36's anyways). they bend super easy so you have to be careful.

Yeah, that. Love the weight, but I can be kinda hard on bars in big Alder and Maple. If you're nice to 'em, they will serve you well.

Thanks fella's...looks like i'll be prying open my wallet. I've been wanting to try one for a while, but i was skeptical. I'll give em' a shot. I take care of my gear, and it takes care of me so there shouldnt be a problem.

if you have had to fix it a couple of times already on the first day i hope you keep a back up close by. he** i am hard on solid bars like the es so i dont think a rw is in my future.

Back