regrets - glad it wasn't me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearsfeat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I came across this image...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cbaxter/Random#5295033916418104930

They should have built the house a little stronger...

Or maybe hired a professional to do the job. I would think that anyone with a saw that big should know what they are doing. Wonder what the insurance company said.

In image #3, I think you can see the size of the notch they cut to get it to fall away. I think they undersized the notch a bit.

Hope no one was home. Wish I knew more of the story...

-bearsfeat

Last edited:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Would be interesting to hear if it was the homeowner.

Nice piece of red oak. Must be about two cords in that trunk alone. Nice little timberjack too. Right handy little rigg. No real way to tell what happen here from the three pics. Homeowners ins. should cover that removal and repair.

Anyone ever get a bad feeling when making the last cut ? or any of them for that matter. I think we know the one, impending doom or "now what was it I forgot ?" .

I bet the day went real good up to that point. LOL

I wonder at what point he started to get a knot in his stomach ?

To be honest with you, if I was the one that dropped that tree, I doubt I would ever have the nerve to pick up a saw again.
Not that I would have ever considered dropping that tree in one piece to begin with.
:jawdrop:

I was doing a pay job a couple of months ago. I am not a professional.
It was about 50' tall about 15 feet from the church.
I should have known it was a back leaner, but I figured I could drop it the way I wanted.
When I made the back cut it just dropped back on the saw pinching the bar and I was like oh crap, had all kinds of knots in my stomach.
We rounded up all of the straps and chains we could an pulled it down, but I was plenty scared.

OK,call me the picture police or the eternal cynic but check out the skidder parked in the yard. I farmed for a living and owned big stuff with tires like that. If I drove them in the yard my wife would have been after me with a bat for screwing up the lawn, that thing looks like it was dropped on the yard. Kids and photo chop programs do things much more amazing than that pic. Hope it is fake as I would hate the be the one that dropped tha tree.

OK,call me the picture police or the eternal cynic but check out the skidder parked in the yard. I farmed for a living and owned big stuff with tires like that. If I drove them in the yard my wife would have been after me with a bat for screwing up the lawn, that thing looks like it was dropped on the yard. Kids and photo chop programs do things much more amazing than that pic. Hope it is fake as I would hate the be the one that dropped tha tree.
I'm thinking after the job they did on the house, the lawn was the last thing on there minds. lol:cheers:

I'm thinking after the job they did on the house, the lawn was the last thing on there minds. lol:cheers:

No, no. I was talking about the lack of tracks, as in it couldnt have driven there without leaving some pretty visable tracks in that lawn and I cant see any.

true, sorry i missed something in your post but in that pic there is some sort of tracks behind the back tire. look's legit to me.

Wonder why they had a spraypainted X on the truck? Vacation home-marked it while there and called a tree service from home, or maybe a city /county job? Like to have that timberjack though.

Just looking at the cut, it dosn't make sense.

It looks like it was wedged against the bad side, and blew out on a straight cut.

Who in thier right might knows to use a wedge on the bad side, but dosn't know any better than a straight cut?

Unless of course the pics are after the fact, and all has been sanitized on the stump and log to protect the guilty party from further public humiliation.

That's gotta suck!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Looks like a "Saws for Hire" NO SACK job, will probably be on TV soon.
Tree's are the most dangerous vegatation.lol

Latest posts

Back