Rehabbing old style 372xp.... oil pump leak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wookie

Reaction score
I acquired an OG 372xp and after using it noticed a good bit of oil coming out from under the clutch and also seeping from the oil vent.
I removed clutch and oil seems to be coming from the point where oil pump enters tank.

Question.... should I worry about gunk/ sludge going into crankcase through two holes from oil pump mounting screws once I remove pump?

Anything that goes in those holes can get into the crankcase, they are drilled straight through. I would clean it up as best I could before removing the pump. When you put it back together put some thread locker or some kind of sealant on the screws.

Anything that goes in those holes can get into the crankcase, they are drilled straight through. I would clean it up as best I could before removing the pump. When you put it back together put some thread locker or some kind of sealant on the screws.

Great.! Thank you.

Latest posts

Back