Remember when I posted this???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man you did awesome that saw is looking great and cutting very good.

WOW nice saw! looks good and sounds good. :clap:
now the only thing left to do is paint the handle.

Very nice!

That saw looks sweet! I envy you for having the patience to get it that clean! I just cant do it :cry:

Top notch.

These are the kinds of threads I like to see here. Rep sent.:clap:

Mr. HE:cool:

Top notch.

These are the kinds of threads I like to see here. Rep sent.:clap:

Mr. HE:cool:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Great re-build!:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the Vid! Chain saw vids and coffee 1st thing in the AM! Life couldn't get any better!:chainsaw:

It was my first attempt as if you can't tell:dizzy: Got tiered of waiting for the rain to stop to do it so I just went out and did it....Saw has been done for a few days but the rain isn't...

lol not much when the time zone changes. Dont know why 1 hour screws me up 5 hrs. for about a week.

Me tooooooooooooo!!

A few things I wanted to ad about the build...

1. I was ready to open the case to allow for the piston skirt but it fit with room to spare...

2. For some reason the holes for the head bolts lined up as well..I thought for sure that I would have to match the holes to the 064 pattern but it fit...

3. The base of the 66 head is taller then the 64 so I got the 66 head bolts..

4. I had to use a head gasket...If not it would not turn over...

It took 3 tries at the dealer to get a hand guard for a 3/4 wrap bar..They ended up getting the one for a 66 so I had to shim the space between the recoil starter and the guard..For this I used 2 thick washers. I have been calling Madsen's for the USA bar but it seems there will be none for a while at least...

Thanks for all the rep and thanks for looking!!!:cheers:

Last edited:
you picked the perfect saw to build.

what are you going to build next 440 maybe 046? you do great work

He had another saw there...The tag was gone but the magnum sticker was still there...046? did they make a 044 mag :givebeer:

Anyway I put the call out this morning to see if he was ready to sell and I have not heard anything yet...

Good job i like it. I like to look for something like that to learn from. Something smaller and different from my 496 chevy.

Latest posts

Back