Remember when I posted this???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldnt be suprised if they had 044mags back in the day. but i dont know for sure

I'm telling him it's a 44 and I wont give 46 prices... Looked a lot better then the 064 he gave me. It looked as though it would run...I think if I keep on him long enough he will give it to me...He is a nice guy...

I'm not trying to be negative here, but a 066 isn't going to pull a 9-pin rim well at all. Nothing hurt trying though.

Running a 9 pin on my 064 right now and it pulls it fine.An 066 should pull it also.Just not with a long bar.

Timed cuts were done on old dead honey locust.That's about as hard a wood as you'll get.
20" bar full chisel.
Why carry this on?
It's what I run and like.

Yeah it's all good.
I have an 064 with OEM 066 top. Getting ready to put a 56mm big bore on and see how that does.Then get the Fordham busy and see what gains I can get.

This is just my old firewood saw though but still fun.

Do you find that the smaller crankcase volume of the 064 hurts torque on the 066 jug? I've read that it should, but can't say I could tell a difference. Same thing with a 460 jug on a 440. Still just as torquey, IMO.

I don't see any difference. But I'm not in a lab either.I do know that when I make a change and there is a noticeable difference I feel it.And when there isn't I feel that also.Stop watches can be deceiving.

I had heard that the late model 064 cases were the same as the 066.Not sure if it's true or not.

I don't see any difference. But I'm not in a lab either.I do know that when I make a change and there is a noticeable difference I feel it.And when there isn't I feel that also.Stop watches can be deceiving.

I had heard that the late model 064 cases were the same as the 066.Not sure if it's true or not.

That could explain why the P&C fit with no modification...

I'm not trying to be negative here, but a 066 isn't going to pull a 9-pin rim well at all. Nothing hurt trying though.

I read of a guy in a german thread who made himself a 11-pin rim on an cnc machine and runs it with a 38cm/15inch bar with his 660. He was very happy and said it was frightingly fast.

Last edited:
I've gone as far as a 10 pin with .325 on a 16" on my 066.
Yes scary fast.

That would be an interesting video, if you have a pair of old chaps lying around, to see if they are enough to stop doomsday! :clap:

Be careful my friend!

:cheers:

heres my 66 9 pin 18" bar and small wood, though it is ported

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/saw%20vids/GEDC1918.flv">
if it feels good with the short bar and 9 pin id go with it. and man just think youd be limbing lightning fast and buckin up wood in a hurry.

i never did time it wuith 7 8 and the 9

i plan to test the 9 pin agaisnt the 8 pin with the 32" bar with wood to tip to see how much slower it is.

but moslty likly ill run the 7 or 8 with the 32" i just dont have anywood to test in right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back