Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone has asked me to look at a leaky/hard to oil SL11. Two questions:

1) Does anyone have a good IPL I can look at?
2) Any ideas on this model about a leaky/stiff oiler?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• SL-11A ipl.pdf
    836.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bantam sl4,sl7,sl9,sl11,sl14,sl16,sl55 sm.pdf
    666 KB · Views: 0
  • SL 4 11 14 16 om Feb-76.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Got the carb kit installed for decent idle and adjustments now. But unfortunately I am experiencing the bar oil in the combustion chamber now šŸ˜•. It's just a check valve ball and spring I believe. Hopefully just cleaning it will resolve the issue could have contamination on in it. The old pick up filter fell off the hose in the tank I will install new one once I clean and inspect the check valve. Won't be for a few days/week I'm guessing till I can get back on it

Still struggling with the sl10a. So the check valve is not working right and oil in intermittently getting into the cylinder. Crazy part is when that's happening I'm burning like a full tank of gas in like 2-3 mins and oil too. I ran the saw without bar oil in it and no smoke and the gas isn't being used as fast as before. I have a nos check valve with a duckbill but I am not sure if that will work or not because there is only one valve on it. All my other auto oiler Remington saws have 2 check valves. So I'm stumped

Latest posts

Back