Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remington recoil starter caution!

I've come accross this before. When you use a longer screw to fasten the recoil housing on the SL/PL series you punch a hole thru into the fuel and/or oil tank.

Just got a 99 cent SL-16 in the mail. Featured is two holes in the fuel tank and one in the oil tank.:bang:

My fix is a goober of 3M weatherstrip adheasive in the hole and on the screw. :msp_thumbsup:

I've come accross this before. When you use a longer screw to fasten the recoil housing on the SL/PL series you punch a hole thru into the fuel and/or oil tank.

Just got a 99 cent SL-16 in the mail. Featured is two holes in the fuel tank and one in the oil tank.:bang:

My fix is a goober of 3M weatherstrip adheasive in the hole and on the screw. :msp_thumbsup:

i'm dealing with that same issue right now on a different brand saw. gonna try to cut a plug from hdpe and "solder" it with a soldering iron. just haven't come up with a tank from which to take the plug yet. ya think a goober of 3M would help or hinder when trying to "solder" it?

Mall 12A,
I got this a few months ago, I just took it out of the box
it came in. :) Has good compression but no spark.
So I have to take it apart.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

99 cent SL-16A is a runner.

I won(?) this SL-16A on evilbay a couple weeks ago.

attachment.php

He ran but sucked bar oil profusely. I fixed the auto-oiler check with a Poulan duckbill. Just got him back together and cut a few cookies. He is rather weak in the knees pulling regular 3/8" on a 15" bar. Need to change him to low profile.

Seen these two mall saws up for auction tomorrow. Ones a model 7, i dont know what the other one is. I tried to turn the foot start over, but they seems to be seized. What do you think these are worth?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Seen these two mall saws up for auction tomorrow. Ones a model 7, i dont know what the other one is. I tried to turn the foot start over, but they seems to be seized. What do you think these are worth?

I picked up a Diston 2 man saw for $125 last year at a sale in Kempton, Pa. I think I paid a little too much for it, but it was in slighty better shape than those are. Just like a lot of people say, they are worth what someone will pay for them. All depends on the crowd at the sale, They are calling for crap weather today, so you might get a steal. Where is that sale at if you don't mind me asking?

Its the beiler sale at the rawlinsville fire company in Holtwood, PA. Its about 10 miles south of lancaster, pa pretty close to the buck

Ahh ok, that is a little far for me to drive to go to a sale. There is one near Shoemakersville in Berks County today. I was thinking about heading out that way. I'm from Schuylkill County.

I normally dont go to sales, but i got some friends that do, so they call me if they see something i maybe interested in. The amish guy that does my milling called me about these saw. I may get him to bid on them if no one is bidding on them. Today is there antique auction, so there is all kinds of old stuff. Some junk, some in good shape.

Thought I'd share these with ya'll. First chance I got to finish some Remingtons in a bit. Great runner, but gets dirty mighty easy;)

View attachment 282057
View attachment 282058
View attachment 282059
View attachment 282060

Very nice job. I just tore apart a Bantam myself. Gotta finish cleaning up the parts at work, and still waiting for my carb kit from chainsawr.
What color paint did you use? The white seems a little "too white". On Acres I think it's listed as Oak White.

Very nice job. I just tore apart a Bantam myself. Gotta finish cleaning up the parts at work, and still waiting for my carb kit from chainsawr.
What color paint did you use? The white seems a little "too white". On Acres I think it's listed as Oak White.

It simply appears that way due to lighting. Actually matched to existing paint beneath serial plate. Sort of a light almond color.

Goodness me.:rock:

282060d1362092244-3saws-012-jpg

What?? No overspray on the plug wire...........................................................................................

That's standard dress for a Bantam type, don't yah know...................................................

282060-3saws-012-jpg

I used Almond on this too.

277199d1359932335-cuts-84-jpg

Goodness me.:rock:

282060d1362092244-3saws-012-jpg

What?? No overspray on the plug wire...........................................................................................

That's standard dress for a Bantam type, don't yah know...................................................

Sharp eye...but this one had a bad plug wire, and I always strip the paint off otherwise. Yup, they didn't take pains at the factory to avoid overspray. I just like a clean look.

Latest posts

Back