Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep....that's what I call a weedeater on steroids. I think I'd want to be even farther away from the blade. I'm pretty sure projectiles would be moving with a purpose!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well Cliff,
As usual that's a very cool piece of literature! Interesting way to utilize a two man saw for a one man application. Does the caption say that the weight is "kept down" to only 208 lbs? I can only imagine how hard it would be to hold on to without any way to brake the wheels, must've bucked and jumped around alot, but at least you had leverage in your favor!

Did Remington use gas tank sealants at the factory?

I have a Montgomery Ward that is a relabelled Remington SL-4, & recently bought a Remington SL11 Automatic Oiler. Both have a blue coating in the fuel tank; the SL11 coating is 'neater' than the SL-4 sloppy coating.

Is this something Remington did at the factory? Or did the tank become prone to leaking, causing owners to treat the tanks?

Some photos of the MW/SL-4 can be seen here

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/171386.htm

I'm looking at buying a Remington Super 770, good condition, runs. How much are these things worth?

They are worth a lot to a collector who either wants one or needs one. I just bought a solid 770 for restoration. Paid less than 90.00 bucks for it. If it's not your cup of tea to tear these things down and start over, I might be interested in it. Just sayin':msp_smile:

Nothing to those who make a living running a saw or cut firewood for the winter.:msp_tongue:

I gave 70 USD for my 75A, too much for one w/o bar & chain. But, it was local, it ran and no shipping.

Watch Ebay.

Nice score on the 75A. Was that the one on ebay? I would really like to tackle one of those for my collection. Have you fed your 754 any wood lately. I just got another one of mine fired up and running today. It was really blowing the wood chips. I just love those saws. You can feel the sound in your teeth.:msp_thumbsup:

Bump!

Does anybody know if Remington used a blue colored tank sealant at the factory? I find it interesting that the SL-4 I bought locally has it, and the SL-11 from ePay has it as well.

I have a Montgomery Ward that is a relabelled Remington SL-4, & recently bought a Remington SL11 Automatic Oiler. Both have a blue coating in the fuel tank; the SL11 coating is 'neater' than the SL-4 sloppy coating.

Is this something Remington did at the factory? Or did the tank become prone to leaking, causing owners to treat the tanks?

Some photos of the MW/SL-4 can be seen here

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/171386.htm

Bump!

Does anybody know if Remington used a blue colored tank sealant at the factory? I find it interesting that the SL-4 I bought locally has it, and the SL-11 from ePay has it as well.

I have not seen or hear anyone talk about sealant in any
of there Remingtons. So I don't know what you have in there.

I have not seen or hear anyone talk about sealant in any
of there Remingtons. So I don't know what you have in there.

Thanks for replying, MBS.

In my thread I linked to someone posted a link to Blue Lightening sealant. I'm going to test both tanks tomorrow or Thu to see if fuel winds up in the oil tank (my suspicion on the SL-4), or if there are any obvious leaks.

Thought I might share a few photos of one of my 754's. This one's goin' up for sale. In case you're wondering, it really did chew up that big red oak. There's a big pile of blocks outside the frame. I just cleaned it up and painted it. I know, you may enjoy the worn look, but this saw was just too darn nice to send out there without its Sunday best.It cuts as good as it looks.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Good job #21!

You got me wondering how my 75A would look painted original. All white (refrigerator white??) with a pale blue carb box lid.

Maybe an off white (almond) would be better.

I was hesitant to go with the white paint, because all the old saws you see have faded white. The originals, however were bright. I'm sure your 75A would look great. Don't know if you would want to go as far as the black bar, but as I remember; my dad's 754 came with a black bar with white lettering. I was going to hand letter the Remington logo on the bar, but I thought it might be overkill.

Thought I might share a few photos of one of my 754's. This one's goin' up for sale. In case you're wondering, it really did chew up that big red oak. There's a big pile of blocks outside the frame. I just cleaned it up and painted it. I know, you may enjoy the worn look, but this saw was just too darn nice to send out there without its Sunday best.It cuts as good as it looks.:chainsaw:

Great job! Your saw looks really good. The closest I have to a Remington is a Mall 2MG which I plan to restore some time in future. I would like to get a Bantam or Super 75 version that has the starter on clutch cover - I think that these are the best looking saws from the flywheel side.

Thanks for replying, MBS.

In my thread I linked to someone posted a link to Blue Lightening sealant. I'm going to test both tanks tomorrow or Thu to see if fuel winds up in the oil tank (my suspicion on the SL-4), or if there are any obvious leaks.

Hi,

On my SL 4 there is definitely a blue coating...Crane would know this fer sure..

Latest posts

Back