Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is all there and runs, hell yes.

There are almost no parts out there for the really big PL/SL saws.

Only been three on evilbay in the past two years.
is the SL-11 I got the other day rare?
its in the wards orange and white, had 150# compression
but no spark, the manual oiler seems locked up. the clutch
cover, bar, and chain are missing

Last edited:
is the SL-11 I got the other day rare?
its in the wards orange and white, had 150# compression
but no spark, the manual oiler seems locked up. the clutch
cover, bar, and chain are missing

Scarce they are but I wouldn't say that they are rare. My SL-11A is a Wards.

150 psi is fine. The comp. on them run way up there for some reason. Hence, the comp. release.

The points are most likely rusty. Use a soft and then a hard arkansas stone to polish 'em up.

Oiling system uses a shut off valve linked to the throttle trigger to prevent the engine from emptying the tank at idle. Hold trigger WOT and then try the manual pump.

The auto oiler check valve is likely gone to tar. You can use one from a Lombard AP-42 type to replace it. The Lombard valve is repairable using a Poulan duckbill.

I prolly have an extra clutch cover you can have. The bar mount is same as Homie XL-12/SXL. D096(?)

65cc will pull a 20" just fine.

thanks! how much do you need for a clutch cover? is it hard to get the fly wheel off, and do i need a puller? thanks
for all your help :smile2:

Hey fellas,
I'm looking for a clutch spring for a Wards Powr-Kraft 3.6, which I'm fairly certain is a Remington pl-4. Any thoughts on where to look?
Thanks.

thanks! how much do you need for a clutch cover? is it hard to get the fly wheel off, and do i need a puller? thanks
for all your help :smile2:

If I have one, it's yours for the postage. I just have to take the time to hunt thru the pile.

Hey fellas,
I'm looking for a clutch spring for a Wards Powr-Kraft 3.6, which I'm fairly certain is a Remington pl-4. Any thoughts on where to look?
Thanks.

Can you post a pic.? I'm 99% sure I have one but they are mixed up with some Homie types which are very much alike.

Same deal on the postage.

Carl.

I have a clutch cover, cracked in two places and some broken out but still serviceable till you find a nice one.

Clutch screws onto Remy crank, four shoes, compression springs like a Homelite and 3" dia. at rest.

P.M. your mailing address if you guys want them.

Carl.

Can you post a pic.? I'm 99% sure I have one but they are mixed up with some Homie types which are very much alike.

Carl.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Carl.
I've not had luck posting pics in the past, but I'll try to get some posted.

Carl.

Thanks Carl.
I've not had luck posting pics in the past, but I'll try to get some posted.[/QUOTE]

You want the whole clutch or just a couple springs? (smaller, lighter envelope)

You want the whole clutch or just a couple springs? (smaller, lighter envelope)[/QUOTE]

Just the springs.

Hi guys, I recently picked a Remington Bantam Geardrive with original embossed roller nose bar, it's the only Bantam G I've seen B4, these must be rare? I am looking for a IPL, that's even been hard to find.

Justin

Greets Justin .. you may want to post your request over in the 'Beg for Manuals' thread .. somebody over there can probably help ya out.

Hi guys, I recently picked a Remington Bantam Geardrive with original embossed roller nose bar, it's the only Bantam G I've seen B4, these must be rare? I am looking for a IPL, that's even been hard to find.

Justin

For a standard Bantam: http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Remington Bantam.pdf

For a gear drive Bantam you may want to keep an eye on evilbay chainsaw parts & accessories as there is a seller with many Remington hardcopies. wteamp92zp for one. kpoutdoors is another.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought I would post up here first as its a dedicated Rem forum, I will check out fleabay.
It's one mean looking saw, I find the look of the regular Bantan plain, but strap on a geardrive and it goes to another level
Cheers
Justin

Thanks, I thought I would post up here first as its a dedicated Rem forum, I will check out fleabay.
It's one mean looking saw, I find the look of the regular Bantan plain, but strap on a geardrive and it goes to another level
Cheers
Justin

Justin, some photos sure would be nice if you get a chance :msp_thumbup:.

If Carl doesn't have the IPL, it probably doesn't exist :dont-know:.

Justin

You don't see a lot of the Remington geardrives.
You see more of the 754G than any others imho.
I have two of the Bantom Geardrives like yours.
They're pretty neat saws.

Lee

Back