Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked on the bay and there is a HL43
on there for 35 bucks. Looks like it might be
a carb that could work.

Lee

guy was asking 25, I offered him 10. waiting to hear back now. I love the old big bores, but I'm a cheapskate. From the very blurry pictures he sent me, it looks like the air filter assembly is missing too.

Acres list the carb as a Tilly HL.

Make a positeve I.D> of the model.

Golden Logmaster rate Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on the cool scale at 105 cc. :rock:

Model Profile: GOLDEN LOGMASTER (GL)

Lots of 'em were Logmasters such as Silver Logmaster. 82cc.

Model Profile: SILVER LOGMASTER (SL)

And, the SL-5 which was also 82cc. They show up on evilbay quite often. Overpriced to boot IMHO.:msp_rolleyes:

Check Sawdust21. I sent him a parts/project GL-7.

I have an old Craftsman 7/8" deepwell socket that almost fits in the hole. 1.180" outside diameter. I stopped at Sears yesterday and measured a new one at 1.170" outside diameter.

I may just drag the whole she-bang into the store and do a trial fit. New socket is nearly 9 USD out the door.

Wish I had a lathe.

Carl.

You need a thin wall socket. Try catching a snap on, mac, or matco truck at an automotive shop. Or.....

I'm willing to bet that you have a poor man's lathe.... A short piece of all thread, a couple nuts, and a couple of washers + a drill motor should work just fine. Use sandpaper to turn the OD down.

You need a thin wall socket. Try catching a snap on, mac, or matco truck at an automotive shop. Or.....

I'm willing to bet that you have a poor man's lathe.... A short piece of all thread, a couple nuts, and a couple of washers + a drill motor should work just fine. Use sandpaper to turn the OD down.

I turned down a six cyl. chebby pilot bushing like that one day. Hole in P.G. crank is smaller than a stick shift crank. Mill bastard and a drill press. 18 y.o. got 'er don'.

After eyeballing it, it looks like it would be easier to dremmel away the offending material around the spark plug hole. Specifically at the 2 o'clock area as you look in there.

Insides of Yardmaster/Wards 2.3"

I have this thing apart again for a carb. kit as it wouldn't idle. Ran great at WOT and cut a 12" maple cookie but ceased running at idle.

Notice the position of the bar oil tank. There is a crankcase pulse line going in the bottom with a Homie type duckbill to pressurize the tank. You do not want to thin 30w oil at 5:1 with kerosene. Stuff blew out quicker than gas thru a funnel. Outlet line is at top going around screw boss.

Refilled it with regular 30w and then run him a bit. Left it sit an hour or two and all the oil had syphoned out. I had loosened the cap like I do on my XL beforehand. The bar mount outlet is below the bottom of the tank so it is best to just drain him when done cutting.

attachment.php

Reminds me of my Poulan S25CVA in power only a bit lighter. Antivibe isolators are a bit meager.

This thing is piston ported and bares no resemblance to the early Mity Mite.

The carb. kit from Orschlens at 10.99 will just about double my investment. Still cheaper than dinner and a movie.

There is a difference between the housing on a Tillotson equipped Bantam type and one with a Carter ND. You can not just swap carbs. because the Tilly HL requires two holes for the high and low speed jets.

Says you.:msp_biggrin:

I put a Tilly (from a junk 754) on my 770G originally equipped with a Carter. The intake adapter had to swap over with it. As far as adjustments, I'm OK with pulling the filter cover and adjusting with needle-nose pliers. Once in a while is no big deal.

That Carter carb is a piece of junk.

Chris B.

Looks to me like you should be milling that spalted maple into boards or at least chunks large enough to make some band saw boxes.

Better yet, guitars...

attachment.php

Photo stolen from the web.

Mark

"Spalted" = mineral streaks?

Log is what the tree service dropped off from a tree they took down this spring three blocks north. Big limb came down in a storm and took out a Toyota Camray.

Was 24 at the base and 16 ft. long. Not much left now.

This thing (Remington SL-7) worth anything? Owner claims it runs.

If it is all there and runs, hell yes.

There are almost no parts out there for the really big PL/SL saws.

Only been three on evilbay in the past two years.

As Carl posted, SL-7s are pretty rare. I don't have one, but I'd buy a non-runner just to keep for future parts harvesting if the price was right.

Interesting Mall

Picked this up today at a flea market, it is a Mall reciprocating saw that attaches to an electric drill.

Malldrilltool_zps0875d400.jpg

Also got a little circular saw as well.

Drilltools_zpsa4bb7648.jpg

Latest posts

Back