Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did. I filed very shallow grooves in the flywheel cup and it works fine now.
Make sure you have the double 'D' friction washers on both sides of the cross bar and use NO oil. Dogs should fully extend in a quarter turn of the pulley when working correctly.
e31d7619eea252f27359666fdd74cd0a.jpg

Make sure you have the double 'D' friction washers on both sides of the cross bar and use NO oil. Dogs should fully extend in a quarter turn of the pulley when working correctly.
e31d7619eea252f27359666fdd74cd0a.jpg
I think a previous owner put a rubber washer in place of the outer friction washer. Not sure about the inner. Are those available? I need to take this starter apart again now that I know a little more about how they work. Any info on finding the friction washers would be appreciated.

Hi folks,

I managed to pick this one up in a pile of saws. Fellows helped me out on another site with identification. Looking at the IPL's it appears to be a PL-7. Primer is not present on the PL-6. Piston and cylinder look healthy.

Starter needs some work (friction washers) and a sharpening. Throttle latch not working. Clutch cover is very neatly cut away along the top. Factory? I figured it were cleaned up after an accident. I am thinking now that perhaps it were for a bow? Don't know is this were an option . I managed to get the primer operating and it starts, idles and throttles well. Lotta saw for the bar though. Forgot the decomp one time and pulled without conviction. Tore the grip from my hand.

Best described as loud.

Remington SL-55A 1.jpg Remington SL-55A 4.jpg Remington Piston.jpg Remington SL-55A 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back