Remington Mighty Mite 600 chainsaw assembly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryophile

Reaction score
(No prefix)
Repairing older Remington Mighty Mite 600 with Walbro carb. Rebuilt carb OK. Problem is Grandson disassembled saw and we cannot re-assemble the carb-throttle and oiler linkage. Anyone know of a diagram or instructions anywhere? Saw ran before with priming so an very hopeful, if I can get the thing re-assembled. Saw a parts diagram, but it is a bit too far apart to understand how the trigger connects to the linkage and how the oiler connects to the trigger. Also cannot get back side of housing off, but I suspect this is just plastic gone stiff and hard.
Any suggestions, opinions or other advice all welcome.
Thanks, Grant.

Attach files
Tags
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.
Options
  • Watch this thread…
      • and receive email notifications
Post a poll

(No prefix)
Repairing older Remington Mighty Mite 600 with Walbro carb. Rebuilt carb OK. Problem is Grandson disassembled saw and we cannot re-assemble the carb-throttle and oiler linkage. Anyone know of a diagram or instructions anywhere? Saw ran before with priming so an very hopeful, if I can get the thing re-assembled. Saw a parts diagram, but it is a bit too far apart to understand how the trigger connects to the linkage and how the oiler connects to the trigger. Also cannot get back side of housing off, but I suspect this is just plastic gone stiff and hard.
Thanks, Grant.

Attach files
Tags
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.
Options
  • Watch this thread…
      • and receive email notifications
Post a poll
Have made my way through trial and error. Would still like a diagram if anyone has one. Pictures are a second choice. Not able to get the back covering off, assume it is because plastic is too stiff. Need some of the oiler tubing, any good sources? Also the gaskets and spacer to the cylinder, mine are in poor shape.

(No prefix)
Thanks, Grant.
Check your inbox for some MM files

My $0.02:
The ‘hundred’ series Mighty Mites are not worth squat. They were made disgustingly cheap.

One is better served refurbishing a Mighty Mite Bantam.
Mighty Mite Bantam was fun. Tiny lil thing

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Get some Echo fuel line as it’s lots better than tygon tubing.

IIRC, the throttle trigger link pinches off the flow to the bar mount. [emoji2960]

(Did I say cheap POS?)

Also some sheet gasket material from your friendly local auto parts store and make your own. [emoji106]. Something about .020” thick.

Mighty Mite Bantam was fun. Tiny lil thing

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

World of difference between the MM Bantam and a MM 100 series.

26dc45c55611c6140b438df7ab50d059.jpg

Get some Echo fuel line as it’s lots better than tygon tubing.

IIRC, the throttle trigger link pinches off the flow to the bar mount. [emoji2960]

(Did I say cheap POS?)

Also some sheet gasket material from your friendly local auto parts store and make your own. [emoji106]. Something about .020” thick.
Yep, have the extra pinch line installed, but the tubing I replaced the original with is somewhat stiff

Which is the softest tubing for the oil line? I put in some new fuel line, probably like Echo, but it is too stiff to pinch much.

Latest posts

Back