Remington Mighty Mite Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ginger15

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
I will order the sprocket and then see which chain it fits, 3/8 or 3/8LP. I have a LP bar&chain that I can test before I order a bar.

I found an oregon double guard bar 10" sprocket nose but its a LP bar. So if the sprocket doesnt fit LP chain I'll have to order a used hard nose.

Sadly I don't have access to a drill press. :(

Ginger15

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
Dang, that saw is in better shape than mine! Sure would like to pick it up, but with needing to get parts for 3 other saws I don't think I can really afford it. I might get shamed for bringing another saw home too. :p Tempting though....

67L36Driver
O
P
E
forum
Chainsaw collections threads

My favorite SL/PL Remingtons are the 55's. 82cc of reed valve snort.
634d2df39d1ce5ac188ccc56ed25ef29.jpg

2 3/4# lighter than a Homie XL-925.

Ginger15

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
Finally got a bar on the saw. The one I ordered was complete trash. Seller didnt take returns but I at least got the item price refund, no shipping refund though. Chainsaw shop had the bar about 3 weeks and still couldnt save it. So he found this sabre bar in his throw out pile, gave it to me for free. The mount is a little large and I had to elongate the tension holes but it fits.17453267_1259200054147763_2070066966_o.jpg

Ax-man

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
That John Deere sure is purty. I had one of those till I threw it out. I have another one that has a JD green engine and the outside parts like the rewind and clutch cover are from a Remington. Oddball looking saw but it still runs when I put gas in it every other year. It will probably still cut some wood if I was inclined to do so. No one wants to buy it so it just keeps hanging around occupying space .

Latest posts